Sign in to follow this  
wagsy

Giants of the Deep

Here is a liltle FLASH clip we put together for a pitching idea to certain parties.

Some of you probably seen some shots before.

Mixture of 16.9 and 4.3

HERE IS THE LINK

Very nice clip Wags. Especially liked your timing of the manta breaching(?) with the climax in the music. Also good use of slo-mo, something I should get more into. It plays nicely too and looks good as Flash.

Cheers Nick

Did you get your camera fixed up?

Well it got their interest so we ended up sending over a couple tapes to them. They will be cut up and used to get some interest at Wildscreen in Washington.

See what happens...

Nearly have our new Nat Ning DVD done...will send you a copy.

Yeah my Z1's fixed now thanks Wags. USD 1200 bill was painful but we've just about earned that back on liveaboard DVDs already so things could be worse. I'll try and post some clips sometime but so busy these 3 months with Similans and Burma trips. I'm archiving m2t's like they're going out of fashion so I should have a decent collection by the end of the season.

Just had 2 small whale sharks at Black Rock in Burma a few days ago, so that was cool, and mantas at 3 different sites :P

So is the idea for your new Ningaloo DVD to have something ready for HD-DVD/Bluray when it goes mainstream or is it just a 16:9 update of the existing one?

By the way I haven't forgotten that SD Bali DVD for your mini-cinema.

Man, your stuff is just so darn good...I really like how you put it together. I like the flow from title to aerial to boat to water. Great fun to watch, thanks.

Cheers Justin

Nick, sounds like you are having a good run over there now Nick and I'm sure you are getting good stuff indeed.

Did you put a mark on the sharks so we can recognize then if they get over this way. :P

Ningaloo DVD will be a standard one, the progressive encodes we are getting out of EDIUS look real good and even up on the TW 700 projector so will run with that. Maybe later we can do some Blue ray ones or something. Every man and his dog has a standard DVD player.

There is a guy over east who put some of our stuff on a Blue Ray disk to try. He is testing out the Pioneer 101A. He took the burnt Blue Ray disk into a big electrical store and they hooked it up to a 65 inch Panasonic Full HD panel..they were impressed. :wub:

There are only two lounge room models in Australia you can buy so far. Samsung and Panasonic.

Did you put a mark on the sharks so we can recognize then if they get over this way. :P

2nd 5m one had the bottom half of its tail missing so look out for him! I did put my previous 4 encounters up on ecocean.org and will add these 2 new ones as well. I notice you've put 120 or something encounters on there which is incredible. I don't know if any of yours have been spotted over here or vice versa yet. They gave new IDs to the biggest 2 I've seen here.

Well he will be easy to spot.

That T016 looks familiar like he is abit deformed around right side of gills..I'll show it to Kelly as she swam with one like it as well. Have you other pics of it?

I have know Brad for over 10 years, was here when he first started to study them.

We had tons of days on disk that they went through and put into the system.

Still have a heap of old Hi tapes but no camera to play them back in of fooatge from 1995.

It's only a matter of time before we get a match on a overseas traveler...will be cool.

video won't play for me. i get the title and it does a dissolve thing off to the left then just gets stuck on an aerial of the coastline... The little drag thing that would usually move along slowly as it buffers didn't move even after 20 mins...

Har Har poor Mike there on his 1.3kbps speedy conection. :P

Encoded with Flash 8 Video Encoder.

On2 VP6 codec @ 400kbps.

Video size is 320/180

Audio set at 64kbps (mono)

Then use Dreamweaver or what ever to link a player/skin to it.

Or here is a cool little free Flash player.

Yeah Wags, got about 20 mins video of it. I'll check again for deformities.

You could probably get a hi-8 cam very cheap on ebay. I might even be able to persuade my mum to part with her old Canon for a good cause like that if you have the time to go through the tapes.

Wags, just saw this! LOve it! NIce work!!!

Wags,

I watched your movie and it is great!!! Cool shots, professional editing. Where did you get that music from? Loops?

I noticed very slight stuttering in the UW closeup shots of the Phenom. Was this clip upsized to match the HDV footage?

Great stuff.

Peter

Nick

I'm sure I can find one over here somewhere..cheers for the offer though.

Will be funny to watch what's on them though...time flys....

Cheers Shawn...makes me wanta go for a dive now after watching it again. :D

Peter, thats from the Flash compresson, just watched it again on my computer and can see it as well.

The 4.3 bits are where Kelly is with the potato cod and wobbi. What I did was import the dv into the 1440/1080 timeline, zoomed in abit, unlocked the apsect ratio and stretched it out abit. It all still played back in realtime. :D

Then encoded it out with Procoder Express from the timeline to FLV. Easy as.

Music is from www.stock20.com. It's called undertow.

well... i got to the bit where people are jumpin off the back of the boat...

That was after an hour of downloading....

I don't like that Flash window, doesn't show the buffering process....

Or... my internet just sucks...

:D

So Wags, Flash shows up as a target in Procoder Express because you've got Flash MX installed, right?

I've got On2's Flash Encoder but Flash doesn't show up as an option in my Procoder 2 :D

aha... the direct link works.

I have a little program installed called Free Download Manager that makes downloads come in WAY faster. I get over 10kbps when i use that. sweet

Man Star Wars on the 100 inch projector screen looks cool. :D

Nick you are on to it..Procoder and Procoder Express cannot encode FLV files as stand alone encoders.

When you export from EDIUS you get this

encode.jpg

Then once you click on it, you can open up the Flash 8 Video Encoder settings box etc and then set it going.

Easy as.

You can see speed encoder there as well. 60 mins of 1440/1080 takes about 3 hours to render out a m2t file to send back to the camera. It takes aobut 2.5 hours to do the same to a normal MPEG 2 file on my 3 GIG PC.

DV to MPEG 2 is about 3.5 mins for 5 mins from the timeline so faster than real time.

Mike 10,000bps...man you are flying..Download managers can pick of where they left off as well I think.

right.. didn't work...

%)#)(&%#)%)_#&%#)*(&$_@#*+_@%&)(%

I give up

Nice video wagsy..fantastic edition either. I have been some days away but it is a really plesare to see something like this when I return...thank you so much.

It a real pleasure to watch your images and to be able to feel within the action that it transmits. In addition, excellent conversion to flash and excellent quality of image. My congratulations once again for your work.

Greetings from Gran Canaria.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements