Helge Suess

UK-GERMANY 45° Viewfinder available!

Hi!

I'm currently discussing (or try to contact) several housing manufacturers. What UK-GERMANY offers is the finder to be licenced to others. That means that a manufacturer may buy it and sell it with the own housing. All data needed for retrofitting will be supplied and there'll be support if the OEM customer needs some changes to the finder mount as well. The finder has been designed to allow some changes at the mount (a part that's not too expensive if made differently in smaller batches).

UK-GERMANY won't retrofit your housing themselves. This would be a too risky job without a deeper knowledge of the backplate design details. Your housing manufacturer is invited to cooperate and will get a finder in return without the risk of spending a huge amount of money on development costs.

Test samples are available for evaluation and will be sent to the manufacturers that already asked for one. If you like to push it a bit (I know, cooperation isn't spread that wide these days) contact your housing manufacturer and ask for the finder.

I'm online until 31st of January to answer requests immediately. You may contact UK-GERMANY directly until 11th of March to get an evaluation sample if you're a housing manufacturer. Please be patient, Uwe at UK-GERMANY speaks and writes poor English. That's why I'm doing the English part of the communication.

Helge ;-)=)

A last update before I leave for my holidays:

Light & Motion is interested and will get a sample for evaluation. Sea&Sea didn't answer at all. Also, no answer from Nexus so far. Aquatica isn't interested because they want to sell their own (straight) finder only. Maybe they will change their mind if users ask for an angle-finder too. Ikelite doesn't answer right now. I think they have to sort out a few things (I had a long email discussion with Ike who was very interested and wanted a finder for evaluation, I just couldn't provide a sample in time).

There may be a solution by replacing part of the backplate for Sea&Sea housings. Mikedive is working on it.

Helge ;-)=)

There may be a solution by replacing part of the backplate for Sea&Sea housings. Mikedive is working on it.

Helge ;-)=)

thanks for the update... would love to get a angled viewfinder for my housing, but just concerned about having one custom installed on my old S&S350D housing and not being able to reuse it in a future housing if I upgrade camera bodies.

A last update before I leave for my holidays:

Light & Motion is interested and will get a sample for evaluation. Sea&Sea didn't answer at all. Also, no answer from Nexus so far. Aquatica isn't interested because they want to sell their own (straight) finder only. Maybe they will change their mind if users ask for an angle-finder too. Ikelite doesn't answer right now. I think they have to sort out a few things (I had a long email discussion with Ike who was very interested and wanted a finder for evaluation, I just couldn't provide a sample in time).

Helge ;-)=)

Yes, Aquatica's new viewfinder is a straight one [ordered one myself], still if I could adapt the angled viewfinder to the end of the straight one...dream on Jorge...

Sponsors

Advertisements