Brian

THAILAND DIVING ADVICE

Hi,

I am a very keen UW Photographer and have just come back from a family holiday in Phuket, I done some diving with Sea Bees who I would highly recommend.

From a photography point of view everything was very much rush rush around the dive site, which to be fair is to be expected.

I am looking to return to Thailand next Christmas/New Year but just me and my non-diving partner.

I am looking for a Hotel with a nice house reef with its own dive centre, so I can take advantage with as many dives as required and take my time with pictures etc and she can sun bath etc.

Krabi Island looks nice, but would keep an open mind.

Can anyone help?????

Regards

Brian :D

"Hotel with a nice house reef with its own dive centre" am not sure there are any, there are some that have "reefs" in front front of them ala Pimali but its just sand and bad vis. I would be interested if anyone knows of any because I have not come across any - possibly Koh Lipe but I have never been that far south.

All the decent diving I know means on a boat of somekind.

Paul

BTW Krabi is on the mainland, maybe you mean Lanta or Phi Phi

Hi,

I am a very keen UW Photographer and have just come back from a family holiday in Phuket, I done some diving with Sea Bees who I would highly recommend.

From a photography point of view everything was very much rush rush around the dive site, which to be fair is to be expected.

I am looking to return to Thailand next Christmas/New Year but just me and my non-diving partner.

I am looking for a Hotel with a nice house reef with its own dive centre, so I can take advantage with as many dives as required and take my time with pictures etc and she can sun bath etc.

Krabi Island looks nice, but would keep an open mind.

Can anyone help?????

Regards

Brian ;)

Unless your demands on the diving are very modest, there's no beach or shore diving to speak of in Thailand. All decent diving involve quite longish boat rides or even, prefferably, a liveaboard.

Krabi doesn't have any decent diving. Phi Phi has ok diving (it's in the Krabi province) and it involves comparably short boat rides - usually rotten viz though. Ko Lanta is the closest departure for two of Thailands premiere dives: Hin Daeng & Hin Mouang. They are reachable from here by dayboat, but a two tank trip is an all day affair. They go with speedboat as well from Phi Phi and Phuket, but you will need absolutely flat conditions. Similan Islands, Ko Bohn, Ko Tachai and Richelieu Rock can partly be dived on day trips from Khao Lak. But you really should do a liveaboard to this area, the logistics gets to time consuming otherwise.

good luck

/christian

Sponsors

Advertisements