Sign in to follow this  
stonefishdivers

Beginners Underwater

Hi

Just wanted to introduce ourselves as we have just taken up underwater photography and joined this website!

My Scottish partner (husband as of next month!) and I are currently living in New Zealand (my homeland) but have spent the past 7-8 years in the Middle East running overland tours and later diving! My partner is a PADI Instructor and taught me to dive about 2 years ago - since then I've been addicted and just cannot keep out of the water.

I've always been an avid photographer on land and have managed to sell some of my travel work for magazines and brochures. I've now graduated to taking the camera underwater and my partner and I fight over who gets to play on each dive!! I'm a huge fan of the little stuff so I get the camera for the nudibranchs but it gets taken off me very quickly if we are lucky enough to see sharks or rays!

Unfortunately we didn't have a camera while we were in the Red Sea (dive professionals don't get paid too much!) but we bought our Olympus E-500 and Ikelite housing in time for a trip to Rarotonga last year. Love the camera and so did an extremely friendly turtle who got so close that he was nibbling on the housing! Needless to say we got some great close-ups that dive :D

We're hoping to explore more of the pacific in the next couple of years but will be heading back to the Red Sea before too long with camera(s) in tow!

Safe and productive diving to all,

Stonefishdivers

Hello and welcome...

Hope all your ventures go well and all your questions answered :D

Dive safe

DeanB

great intro. Welcome aboard

Welcome! Good to have you here, and congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

Luiz

Welcome, congrats..now share some of those pics!!!

Gary