rbibb

Canon 5D + Sea + Sea Converter + Inon Z240 strobes TTL

Hi

I'm finally going to take the plunge and buy a DSLR to take underwater. Does anyone know if I will be able to get eTTL flash metering working with a canon 5d, a Sea+Sea TTL converter and a pair of inon strobes? The housing is likely to be either the subal or the Sea and Sea (not sure which so if you have any comments feel free). I have done quite a bit of macro photography but find that I'm not very good at manually setting strobes. I have had much better results with TTL.

Thanks for any help you can give

Richard

Hi,

if you search cueent discussion on TTL converter, you will find a lot of information there & I will try to answer your specific question here.

While I had a problem with my i-ttl converter with Z-220, I have a friend used S&S5D+E-TTL converter +2xZ240 & he felt a problem on e-ttl converter as he sees red light on converter sometimes & sees few dark pictures. I returned his e-ttl converter to S&S Japan & I just got message back that converter is working fine & it may had to do with camera setting. They are shipping e-ttl converter back soon & we are going to test it & post here. Meantime, S&S posted on their website that 'warranty is voided if used with "other"(than S&S made) products'.

Either of your sustem should work fine but, just be aware of few issue & monitor your system until you are comfortable & sure ttl converter is working fine & not damaging anything.

Sam

Hi Sam, did you manage to find out if the ttl converter is at fault or where the problem was.

i am using a sea and sea 10d housing and of course the canon 10d and am loking at buying 2xz-240 and a converter but can't seem to get any info from anyone that has use this configurtation and found it works fine. i have 2 dx-90 now but they keep blowing out and just don't have enough power for some situations.

can you let me know what happened to your friend please,

Jez

Sponsors

Advertisements