post-6136-1170536647_thumb.jpg

Hi, I`m still searching on the net, but if somebody give me a hand with the common english name for this...

Edited by rodriguezfelix

If you are after the common name do you have a scientific name?

I'd go for the genus Brachysomophis, but I don't know of an Atlantic species. Just a guess.

I presume you have looked at the two on P435 of Humann & DeLoach 3rd Edition?

Alex

I have a very similar picture taken in the US Virgin Islands. Definately some kind of snake eel, but it doesnt look like any of the images from the 3rd edition Humann/Deloach. I suppose there could be a lot of variation in the face markings.

Cor

If you are after the common name do you have a scientific name?

Nop.

I'd go for the genus Brachysomophis, but I don't know of an Atlantic species. Just a guess.

I presume you have looked at the two on P435 of Humann & DeLoach 3rd Edition?

Alex

Yeap, but I agreed it doesn´t look like...

Definately some kind of snake eel, but it doesnt look like any of the images from the 3rd edition Humann/Deloach.

Cor

Brachysomophis certainly has the look to me.

Alex

I think Alex is right about Brachysomophis. When I said it doesnt look like any of the images I meant images from the Humann 3rd edition book on snake eels.

Cor

When I said it doesnt look like any of the images I meant images from the Humann 3rd edition book on snake eels.

Cor

Yeap, me too. Thanks Alex! now... any common names for this Brachysomophis or I can call it just an "Snake Eel"?

I always called these guys crocodile/reptilian snake eels. But I have never seen one myself in the Caribbean region.

Alex

Sponsors

Advertisements