Scuba_SI

Flying throughUK - Avoid British Airways!!

As of the 13th Feb BA are introducing a charge on hold luggage, your first bag is free but your second is £240/$470US!!

I havent seen this elsewhere on w/p but thought it might be useful for anyone flying through the UK to get to South Africa or Asia this summer. Add to this the soon to be introduced limit of 23kg for a hold bag means it could get very expensive to go through the UK on BA.

In fact, it may be better to take the Channel tunnel to Paris and fly from there!

Agreed this is a pain. But they will allow a second bag of sports equipment up to 23KG - and Dive Equipment counts as sports equipment.

This would greatly increase our baggage allowance when flying East from the UK.

Alex

Since I normally fly Club World, it's actually gotten better for us to fly with BA. Instead of 2 bags of 32kg I can now take 3 bags of 23KG, AND a bag of sporting equipment of 23KG. So basically we can now take 8 bags weighing up to 23KG each with the 2 of us.

Im glad they changed something btw.. when I first was notified through my frequent flier card about these changes they said these changes would start in February, including the max 23 KG per bag. No way to even pay for bags over 23KG. Since im actually traveling right now, returning in march, I would have had to buy 2 bags while here to be able to do that. But now I see they relaxed it and allow heavier bags until september.

What is a bit bad though is that traveling with say 6 bags between the 2 of us will mean that other airlines will now charge us, because we're only allowed 2 bags upto 32KG.. strange world these airlines live in..

Cor

ahh, now you see the problem of arming the ignorant with a little information.....

My next post will be about all sharks being man eaters....

Sponsors

Advertisements