Sign in to follow this  
drsteve

The most amazing wild animal encounter of my life!

I just got back from a trip to the Revillagigedos aboard the Nautilus Explorer. The Manta and Shark diving was incredible, but the highlight of the trip was this experience at Cabo Pierce on Socorro. Without a doubt, this was one of the most amazing moments of my life. These wild bottlenose dolphins interacted with us as we were doing our safety stop. Soon, they began to imitate us. We blew bubbles, they blew bubbles. We hung on the decent line, so they hung on the decent line. Finally, they came right up and peered into our eyes. Amazing.

385932251_4ff1cb3535_o.jpg

WOW! i hope to be able to dive with some dolphins like this. they are just to cool. any more pictures?

WOW! i hope to be able to dive with some dolphins like this. they are just to cool. any more pictures?

I have a lot more images. It will take me a while to go through them. I just got back last night and managed to pick up a cold on the last day of the trip (go figure). I wanted to get this one up on the web since it was a once in a lifetime moment.

what a moment - fantastic! you lucky chap! be glad you didin't pick up the cold at the beginning of the trip. :lol:

I am incredibly jealous. Glad to see the Vancouverite in Mexico treating his guests so well. Wow.

Cheers,

Marli

I am incredibly jealous. Glad to see the Vancouverite in Mexico treating his guests so well. Wow.

Cheers,

Marli

I have nothing but good things to say about the Nautilus Explorer and its crew. It is a beautiful boat and the crew were very professional from start to finish. I will definitely sail with them in the future.

Awesome!!!

Someone please send that to the folks in Taiji Japan who argue the dolphins are just big fish! That photo is moving...it saddens me to think about the way we treat such amazing creatures. I am really excited you had the opportunity to experience this. I had a very personal encounter on my trip to the Socorros several years ago with silky shark. You can check it out here: http://www.bluespheremedia.com/journal/C6A...52825FFA37.html

AWESOME visual. It looks like a connection is being made between you.

Thanks and welcome to the pond. The water's fine.

Ahh arn't they just wonderful :excl: , shame we did'nt see any in the Red Sea, I have never seen a Dolphin in real life:( . Must have been a great experience for you.

:) Ted

Hi Steve,

We must have been on the trip just after you! I agree that is is an amazing & remote place, especially Roca Partida. Some of the other guests had a very similar dolphin encounter at Roco Pearce, which unfortunately I missed. I can't complain though as I had some really cool manta interactions.

400707814_b5613a64e9.jpg

Some of my other shots can be found here: http://flickr.com/photos/hamishmorrison/se...553603410/show/

Hamish.

The must have been incredible. I look forward to the rest of the set.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements