COSMOFISH

advice on adapting Seacam wet diopter to Aquatica port

I am looking for advice on how I can use a Seacam wet diopter on an Aquatica port. This lens has an external o-ring that securely pops into a groove machined into the outside internal lip of the macro port. The Seacam port diam is 10.4cm and the Aquatica port is 12.4cm internal diam. I need to be able to take this on and off the port under water. This is a great lens which converts 1:1 to 1.7:1. It is only 1.4 cm thick so it can easily slip into a pocket, and is much more compact than the only other wet diopter I can find (the Macromate also costs $200 more than the $300 Seacam lens). So if you have any great ideas please let me know.

Thanks

I am looking for advice on how I can use a Seacam wet diopter on an Aquatica port. This lens has an external o-ring that securely pops into a groove machined into the outside internal lip of the macro port. The Seacam port diam is 10.4cm and the Aquatica port is 12.4cm internal diam. I need to be able to take this on and off the port under water. This is a great lens which converts 1:1 to 1.7:1. It is only 1.4 cm thick so it can easily slip into a pocket, and is much more compact than the only other wet diopter I can find (the Macromate also costs $200 more than the $300 Seacam lens). So if you have any great ideas please let me know.

Thanks

I have made several adapters for various people along the lines of what you need. I made an adapter for the Inon diopters to fit my aquatica port and it sound svery similar.....PM me if you are interested and /or still need this ...

I have made several adapters for various people along the lines of what you need. I made an adapter for the Inon diopters to fit my aquatica port and it sound svery similar.....PM me if you are interested and /or still need this ...

I tried reaching you by PM...can you reply here?

Thanks

I'm very interested in this too. I wonder if Aquatica plans on anything like this for their new glass macro ports?

regards,

-Jim

Just take your port to the local machine shop, they can build you an adapter for a few 10s of dollars.

Bill

Aquatica has made an adapter for the Wood'y diopter to their aquatica port already. the diopter is removable from the adapter.

Cheers

Todd

Aquatica has made an adapter for the Wood'y diopter to their aquatica port already. the diopter is removable from the adapter.

Cheers

Todd

Thanks for the info...

If anyone has some simple design ideas let me know.

Cheers

Todd

Hey Todd,

I haven't seen that adapter on Aquatica's website. Can you give me a part number or location to take a look?

Thanks

Steve B

Sponsors

Advertisements