Yako

DS-125 x2 or DS-125 + DS-200

Hi,

Now I have a DS-125, and i would like to buy a new flash. Then, what do you think is the best flash rig for Oly E-330 ?

• DS-125 x 2
  • DS-125 + DS-200

Thanks in advance,

Jose

Hi,

Now I have a DS-125, and i would like to buy a new flash. Then, what do you think is the best flash rig for Oly E-330 ?

• DS-125 x 2
  • DS-125 + DS-200

Thanks in advance,

Jose

DS-200 gives considerably more light than DS-125, but is much bigger and heavier. I tried DS-125 with DS-200 and works nice, haven't noticed any balancing problems.

Personally I prefer two matched power strobes. 2x DS125. I think having even power strobes gives you a much easier starting point to control lighting.

Alex

Same as Dragan. If you can afford forking out the extra cash for the DS-200, and don't mind the added weight and bulk, having at least 1 DS-200 gives you that much added flexibility...

I used to dive with two SS200, the non-digital predecessor of the DS200. I switched because the DS125 was so much lighter and easier to pack and charge. Sometimes I miss the extra power, especially when I'm trying to take a shot I have no business taking, but I would never go back to the bigger units.

The only advantage I can see is that since you would only need half the power output of a DS125, you could go two days without a recharge if needed.

Sponsors

Advertisements