Sign in to follow this  
aczyzyk

Nikkor 60 behind Ikelite 105 port?

I have Ikelite port for Nikkor 105mm. I was wondering if I could use Nikkor 60mm behind it.

I'm worried that it may:

(i) vignette,

(ii) require to move front of the port too close to subject (at 1:1)

Did anyone try that combination?

I don't have an answer to your question, but it’s not a reason not answer B)

An option that for sure work is the Nikon 60 mm + Kenko 2X converter behind the 105 port, I tried it and its work great, you can get 2:1 ratio from short distance or 1:1 ratio from double distance.

The price: two stops and slow AF.

Edited by Arnon_Ayal

Hi,

I have used the 60 mm mounted on a Nikon digital (x 1.5) and the 105 Ikelite port. It works perfectly and does not vignette.

So when I travel, if I take both lenses (60 and 105) with me I only take the 105 port. If I only take the 60mm I'll cary the 60 port which is more compact.

We have 60 ports with 105 extension rings to accomodate both lens.

On occassions when in a hurry we have shot the 60 in the 105 port set up with no vignetting in either lens max or min setting.

We have 60 ports with 105 extension rings to accomodate both lens.

On occassions when in a hurry we have shot the 60 in the 105 port set up with no vignetting in either lens max or min setting.

Does the extension ring setup work with the old 105 and the new VR105?

Is there more flood risk with extension rings?

Does the extension ring setup work with the old 105 and the new VR105?

Is there more flood risk with extension rings?

I believe with the Ike ports, you need to use a different port for the 105VR than the old 105, as the barrel size is bigger on the VR. Any time you add an extension ring, there is going to be another o-ring seal which would introduce another potential failure point.

You need Ikelite port #5505.46 for the new 105 VR (#5505.5 for the old one), but I think the 60 would work fine behind this port too.

Has anyone used the D-200 housing with 60mm lens and the Ike 5505-46 (new 105 VR port). From reading the comments in this thread it appears it will work fine. I wanted to confirm as I will be traveling soon and would prefer to not bring an extra port that isn't necessary.

If I can definitely use the same port for both the 105mm VR and 60mm great, if no one has experience with this combination I will experiment with both ports and experiment.

I would really appreciate any advice.

Photofantasea (aka jim)

Has anyone used the D-200 housing with 60mm lens and the Ike 5505-46 (new 105 VR port). From reading the comments in this thread it appears it will work fine. I wanted to confirm as I will be traveling soon and would prefer to not bring an extra port that isn't necessary.

If I can definitely use the same port for both the 105mm VR and 60mm great, if no one has experience with this combination I will experiment with both ports and experiment.

I would really appreciate any advice.

Photofantasea (aka jim)

I have a S&S housing for the nikon d80. I use only one port for the 105mm VR and the 60mm lens. Of course its the port for the 105, since its the bigger lens.

you should have no problem using the 60mm in the Ike 5505-46, based on my experience with the S&S ports. but just try it at home to assure yourself ;)

Scott

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements