Roger Eve

Scene Detection Prem Pro 2 - HDV capture

Hi All,

For my sins I am using Premiere Pro 2 for my HDV capture and editing. Scene detection is available on capturing DV but NOT with HDV. Needless to say this does not appear in their adverts, and only in very small print in the manual!

Obviously there is a work around with the razor tools, but it all takes much longer.

Does anyone know of a plug-in to resolve this problem? Do any of the other editing programs allow scene detection on capture for HDV.

Thanks

Roger

Hi All,

For my sins I am using Premiere Pro 2 for my HDV capture and editing. Scene detection is available on capturing DV but NOT with HDV. Needless to say this does not appear in their adverts, and only in very small print in the manual!

Obviously there is a work around with the razor tools, but it all takes much longer.

Does anyone know of a plug-in to resolve this problem? Do any of the other editing programs allow scene detection on capture for HDV.

Thanks

Roger

I'm using HDV Split. (Free)

It can run the capture, or split files that have already been captured.

http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm

I believe the Cineform does scene detection, plus converts to a codec that is going to give much better editing performance. I have not used this myself, but I think others here have.

http://www.cineform.com/products/AspectHDPPro.htm

Thanks for the Info - I will look at both options

Roger

I too am using HDVSplit. It works well and the clip naming feature is great but many times it tells me "some packets lost". I think this is because there are breaks in time code caused by the fact that I have "quick record" set on my Z1.

Sponsors

Advertisements