onokai

Whats your Certification agency- level and year??

Thought this may be intresting showing current trends. Are you cmas-naui-ymca-or the padi one

what year certified and level ? keeping in mind this means nothing.

I'll give it a start

Naui Divemaster 1982

Mark

Thought this may be intresting showing current trends. Are you cmas-naui-ymca-or the padi one

what year certified and level ? keeping in mind this means nothing.

I'll give it a start

Naui Divemaster 1982

Mark

Padi Master Scuba Diver Trainer 1985

I know it sounds cool.That was back when we wrote our own specialty classes.

Padi Divemaster, 1994

Original cert NAUI 1969

lost that paperwork so I got a quicky (my wife was taking the full certification course in Cozumel so the instructor threw in one for me for a few extra bucks) PADI OW 1984

TDI Nitrox 2001

NSS-CDS Full Cave

TDI Trimix

First PADI Certification in 1989

look out, greenhorn here -_-

Padi AOWD 2003

NAUI Nitrox 2006

zook

1991 - CMAS OWD

1993 - PDIC AOWD

1996 - PADI AOWD

2005 - NAUI Nitrox

2007 - TDI CCR Trimix

NAUI Scuba Diver 1972

NAUI Instructor 1979

Oceaneering for Surface Supplied/BellSat 1979

TDI for gasses late 90's

All the best, James

Certification? Do we need certification?

Oh yes, my wife says I certainly need to be certified!

Me..

I try to be the best diver of my ability.. considerate and aware of my buddy and the enviroment that welcomes me. That is the only certificate I need.

Don't tell this to my instructor.. :wacko:

Dive safe

DeanB

O.K., I'll play.

NASDS OW - 1975

PADI Divemaster - 1979

NACD Full Cave - 2001

IANTD Insperation CCR - 2003

TDI KISS CCR - 2006

O.K., I'll play.

Now I've got to!

1979 DVTL 1 brevet and so on....

TDI SCR No 4 taught by Rob Palmer signed off by Brett Gilliam

APD CCR No 4 signed off by Martin Parker

If those other three people don't tell me who they are, I'm taking my ball home.

Various - CMAS ** '82 (BSAC 3rd class) and more since

HSE Part 4 (British Commercial Scuba certificate - some years ago - I can't remember) - an essential qualification in the UK which makes you jump through some of the most pointlessly useless hoops in diving to satisfy so called Health & Safety regulations! Still haven't figured out how a low vis circular search helps me take photos......

"Certification? Do we need certification?" - Oh yes, sadly paperwork is absolutely required - it proves that you have the appropriate paperwork!!!

"Certification? Do we need certification?" - Oh yes, sadly paperwork is absolutely required - it proves that you have the appropriate paperwork!!!

I was consulted by Mike Harwood on the ACOPs for HSE Media Diver so I guess he had to give me a card! :wacko:

I guess it's better than insulted!

Now thats an Idea..

Instead of the usual "look what badge I've got" topic..Lets see who's got the necessary HSE (Health and safety executive) certificate or international equivalent qualifications to actually work for a broadcast company or whoever / whatever underwater...

Its the bane of my life at the moment..I can't afford three 2 four weeks off work and £2200. Just so I can get a day rate for carrying a camera underwater. It sucks. :wacko:

Is this just the U.k again or do others have to do the same shite.

Dive safe

DeanB

Dean

Look at it this way. If you want to use a pretty lethal hydraulic winch hauling system to pull up cold, wet, slippery gear on an unpredictably moving platform in cold, harsh conditions then become a fisherman - no Health & Safety to worry about because there is no risk assessment that can possibly make it safe! And fishing remains one of the most dangerous occupations in the UK.

But put your head under water and a loads of regs immediately apply - you clearly want to kill yourself. Problem is that the Diving at Work regs came from the Commercial sector and they have a vested interest in ensuring that commercial diving remains a closed shop (if we were discussing unions then this would be classes as restrictive practices). I have my suspicions that many of the people involved in thinking out the regulations didn't/don't want to see them changed for a variety of unsound reasons (I'm excluding John of course!).

I can quite honestly state that it is often safer diving with some good, highly experienced 'amateur' divers than it is with stand-by divers who are an unknown quantity and who often operate to obsolete requirements (US Navy tables - we're in the computer age for heaven's sake!).

Don't get me wrong, I do see far too many bad practices by 'sports' divers for many to be accepted as anything else, but equally I hear of and see some quite ludicrous 'H&S conforming practices' which I reckon are at best pointless and irrelevant, and at worst probably less safe to adhere to than not! Rant over - but they are a bane (I did an ERCA (Experience Routeway Competence Assessment) to get my Part 4 - a reasonable way which sadly seems to have been dropped!

Paul,

I agree with the close community thing. Keep the masses out, I say old chap. But maybe thats a good thing. Or maybe not. If I ever become peter Scoones 2..then I might feel the same..who knows.

But I'm also all for cheaper... :) concessions for certain people..Me maybe.

In my line of work the H.S.E are coming up trumps again by trying to ban the use of ladders if work is over 2metres high. I have a friend whos runs a window cleaning business and he will have to erect scaffolding to clean domestic house windows.

I blame the yanks and their sue for anything culture :wacko: . The H.S.E are just scared as we are begining to imitate them.

Dive safe

Dean(only joking my U.S.A chums I'm not tarring you all with the same brush..Please don't sue me)B

P.s I'm all me, me, me i've noticed. :o

CMAS * in France 1980

PADI OWSI in the UK 1998. I missed the deadline for getting an automatic HSE Part IV restricted which used to come with the PADI instructors ticket in the old days.

JP

Sponsors

Advertisements