Sign in to follow this  
Cerianthus

o ring brainwave

I think i had a good idea today and want to share this, using a guitar plectrum as an oring pick.

They tend to be off plastic, and are a bit thinner and easier to handle then a credit card.

Haven't tried it, but i will i the near future. was just a tought.....

Gerard

sounds like an obvious choice ..

i love the plastic tool Sea&See give you when you buy any of their products.

I think i had a good idea today and want to share this, using a guitar plectrum as an oring pick.

Actually in the U.S. it would be a guitar pick as an o-ring plectrum -_-

Might be interesting based on the pick thickness and the shape, some may be too thin to do the job, I use the yellow ones of these

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=pr...=products/picks

Nice grip, non-slippery and will work (at least it did a couple of times I tried it), also works in clearing off salt and build up.

For some of the bigger o-rings such as the housing's main o-ring, you may be able to just use your thumbs to push two segments towards each other and that will pop the intervening segment out. -_-

the main o ring and the port oring are not the ones i am worried about. It's the ikelite sync cord orings. I now use a combination of pushing them out with my fingers, and then stickig a metal dental pick between the o ring and cord (to save it from being scratched).

In the sync cords, the screw cap is a little in the way to do this comfortably...

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements