Sign in to follow this  
Painted Frogfish

Shark/dolphin diving in Bahamas

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good place for shark/dolphin diving in the Bahamas in May? Will be there for about 4 days. Freeport or Nassau? I read that the shark feeds may be better at Nassau, but the dolphin experiences are better at Freeport.

Stuart Cove's in Nassau (New Providence) is a pretty well run operation. Their usual shark dive is two dives; the first is a reef dive in the same area as the feeding. The sharks know it's dinner time and are cruising around. The second dive is the actual feeding with the divers forming a big circle around the feeder about 15 feet or so away from him. It's designed for all comers, novice, young divers etc, so is not too intense.

I have not dived out of Freeport for many years.

Hi Marcus,

Maybe see you their, also off to the Bahamas. I'm going first to Grand Brahma and UNEXSO, 1-7 May, then Andros 5 days some with Small Hope Bay, then 3 in New Providence and Stuart Cove's. Mine seems like its going to have a lot of time spent in Nassau airport trying to get between the different locations, but that just seems like its part of Bahamas travel.

Charles Stirling

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements