Sign in to follow this  
mrmishkin

Largest CF Card in an Oly c-5060

Hi

Does anyone know what the largest capacity CF card an olympus c-5060 can accomodate? I have a 1 gig but will be doing some extended traveling.. So I'd like to pick up 2 8GB cards.

The manual is no help, but Lexar lists the camera as being FAT-32 compatible. Anybody have any experience? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi

Does anyone know what the largest capacity CF card an olympus c-5060 can accomodate? I have a 1 gig but will be doing some extended traveling.. So I'd like to pick up 2 8GB cards.

The manual is no help, but Lexar lists the camera as being FAT-32 compatible. Anybody have any experience? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

I cannot speak to the 5060 but I have put an 8gig CF card in the 8080 without any issues. You might want to verify you have the current firmware loaded (the current firmware for the 5060 is v756-81) and format the card using the camera.

Hi Aaron,

I'd contemplate getting multiples of 2 or 4 gig cards, just in case you have a flood, it would be terrible to lose a whole trips images on the last dive. Although, most cf cards are useable after minor flooding, but i wouldn't rely on that.

Thanks to all those who replied! I'm going with an 8 Gig card.. It's amazing how much the prices have come down. It'll cost me the same as the 512MB card I bought with the camera 3 years ago. Plus it'll be a great for storage of music in my iPAQ during the offseason. Once again wetpixel pulls through with a wealth of knowledge!

Aaron

was asking that question myself earlier since I use an Oly C7070. Was told you could get firmware or software upgrade so that the camera could take larger memory chips. No idea whether that is true or not, but mine seems to be working with a 2GB xD card when the manual says only 1G xD cards allowed.

MJ

The 8 Gig card came in today and I can fit over 1000 RAW images on this monster! I didn't have to do anything it came FAT-32 formated from the factory, put it into my camera and it recognized and then put it into my laptop and again showed up, full capacity on each.

I also followed the link provided by Jola and upgraded to the latest firmware in my camera. Thanks!

Aaron

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements