wagsy

Amphibico 16.9 External Screen

Some more news on the Amphibico 16.9 Hi Res external screen.

Should be out in MAY and price will be around $2295 US.

It looks like you will be able to pre order next week.

Me want one..... :rolleyes:

Any idea of the screen size? How does that price compare to the Gates?

If L&M don't come up with one then I might have to get my Blue Peter hat on again <_<

Down shep... :rolleyes:

$2295...Around £1200 in real money..So put all costs in and it will be realistically £1500+ :ninja:

Thats more than a 40" HD Bravia...

Dive safe

Dean(here we go again ££££££)B

Wanna see it? :rolleyes:

Edited by Moderator for removal of link to spam website.

Well we won't promote that site will we. Real bad spammers. :rolleyes:

Nick I don't know the price on the GATES one.

I should have some more info soon with pics.

I'll try to get one as soon as they are ready and then we can try it out with the Phenom and EVO.

Would be nice if they've gone for neutral buoyancy over slimness.

Be sure to click the Evo and Phenom pics in the link above. They have the High Res monitor mounted on them.

that monitor looks almost as big as the housing...is that for real or is it perspective of the shot?

Some more news on the Amphibico 16.9 Hi Res external screen.

Should be out in MAY and price will be around $2295 US.

It looks like you will be able to pre order next week.

Me want one..... :blush:

Well, I do not known. I had the SD res ext. monitor before, but I was completely NOT happy with it. Beyond the res., which is not the question now, the possible positions of the monitor were not comfortable (i.e. if you wanted to use it comfortabely you had to remowe the hand-grip.) It's glass was glossy, near the surface in sunny wheather you could not see anything on the monitor, although it has some side and top mounted shaders...

And sometimes the monitor gave only a red or white signal, according to my distributor, it is a fault of the camcorder ot the connection or something else:-), because the same phenomenon appeared on a different monitor also.

But, let's hope the best...

Jules

Edited by Jules (Helioxfilm)

The monitor was large. The screen itself looked to be about 4" wide and close to 2 1/2 high. In the lights of the indoor show it was easy to see the screen and it didn't look washed out from the indoor lighting.

As you can see in the picture it is amost as large as the flat port lense in width. the Monitor dwarft the Evo

IMG_1345net.JPG

It certainly looks like a good piece of gear.

Well I for one will be making some bracket to mount it right at the front of the housing over the hydrophone and in front of the LCD as that position would be too close for me.

It certainly looks like a good piece of gear.

Well I for one will be making some bracket to mount it right at the front of the housing over the hydrophone and in front of the LCD as that position would be too close for me.

What's the matter Wags? Eyes going bad? :blush:

It is true that people with bad eyes will have trouble with monitor placement. Of course there's lasik.

No not just that :blush: but with this type of housing you tend to shoot differently as you can hold the camera underneath/side of you and look down into the LCD etc. Well I do anyhow and I think Shawn & Nicks would agree.

Also if it's mounted in front of the LCD you can still have the grab handle in place and hang onto it to get ceratin shots.

No not just that :( but with this type of housing you tend to shoot differently as you can hold the camera underneath/side of you and look down into the LCD etc. Well I do anyhow and I think Shawn & Nicks would agree.

Also if it's mounted in front of the LCD you can still have the grab handle in place and hang onto it to get ceratin shots.

I shoot the same way with the builtin LCD. It works great. Actually, it works so good that I wonder whether an external LCD monitor is necessary, especially since it is rather big and will add to the drag of the housing.

But it looks impressive ;) which is always a usefull feature for the "behind the scene" shots of the diver with housing.

Any idea about the depth rating of the monitor?

Peter

Amphibico have started to take pre orders on their new 16.9/4.3 external High Definition monitor.

A component cable comes with the kit so it's a true HD signal that feeds to it.

If you pre order one you get free shipping as well.

ETA is MAY.

Price is $2700 CAD

Thats aprrox, $2800 AUD, $2300US, $1181GBP.

Go here for a look at their site.

I must admit that looks good... :)

Even fits 'Other housings' which may be a bonus....

Still its going to be around £1400 or more when you add on the VAT taxes etc...

Dive safe

DeanB

Beyond my scepticsm I am also interested in the monitor. However, I recognized, that it needs a 5 pin connector. My phenom has a 3 pin connector. Is the new connector arriving with the monitor ( I mean the counterpart). Can I install myself? Wagsy? Any additional info about this?

best regards,

Jules

Hi Jules,

I talked to Joe at Amphibico yesterday about the new 16:9 monitor and he confirmed it comes as a kit with the female 5 pin bulkhead connector included. Since it is a true HD component 5 pin connector is needed.. You will have to replace your 3 pin with the new connector.

Cheers

Beyond my scepticsm I am also interested in the monitor. However, I recognized, that it needs a 5 pin connector. My phenom has a 3 pin connector. Is the new connector arriving with the monitor ( I mean the counterpart). Can I install myself? Wagsy? Any additional info about this?

best regards,

Jules

Hey Wags!

I want one! hahahaah. I cant get the pm system to work on the crap connection here in north bali... but... i have an 'acquantance' whom just arrived in coral bay today.. i said she should check out your videos etc. Just thought i'd let you know to expect 2 25yr old females asking questions... hehe

Great, Im sure Kelly would luv me entertaining two 25year olds.. :rolleyes:

Although there has been guys out on the boat trying to cut my grass lately. :blink:

Good thing I married her..

Although there has been guys out on the boat trying to cut my grass lately. :rolleyes:

Good thing I married her..

I thought this was the age of free love and borrowing partners... :blink:

Well that what my girl said... :)

Bugger, I knew it..

Dive safe

DeanB

Looks like the LCD screens will start to ship in the next few days.

Has anyone ordered one yet?

16:9 High Definition 4.3†Color LCD monitor

No but I'm thinking of going over the the Long Beach(CA) Scuba Show next month to look at one. I'm finding it hard to get past the price though, it's more than my EVO cost. Otoh, I wouldn't be happy with their SD monitor. Edited by sjspeck

Sponsors

Advertisements