Sign in to follow this  
Spinner

Sea & Sea Wide Angle lens for PT010

Has anyone tried the Sea & Sea WA lens for the Oly PT 010? (Not the S&S MM2 WA lens using the adaptor). I can't find a local shop here in Hong Kong that stocks the Inon, and all that's available is the S&S.

Thanks and regards,

Ben

I want to know, too. I haven't seen the S&S lenses yet but with my past experience with S&S, I'm very interested.

Is this lens only for UW use like the original MM lens or is it usable on land as well?

Spoke to Sea & Sea - they confirmed that these lens focus in air.

Got the wide angle conversion lens. First impressions is - wow how big!?

Much larger than the MM2 16mm lens.

Has a screw thread to mount directly to the front of the Pt10 housing. Will be a week before I am able to take it into the water - will post some thoughts/results then.

Dave

Great! Look forward to hearing about/seeing your results. I curious to see if it's got the vignetting issue some people have experienced with the Inon.

As part of your test, please try some silhouettes. Ken Knezick reported that he got lens flare with the INON W/A lens when the sun was in the shot . . .

Thanks,

Mike

Will certainly do my best. Is there a link to pics that Ken has posted so I can attempt to do similiar shots to show up any problems?

I finally pulled the trigger and bought the Sea & Sea WA Conversion lens for my PT010. Off to Malaysia/Borneo/Indonesia (Sangalaki, Sipadan, Layang Layang, and Langkayan) next week, so I'll take lots of pics and post them when I get back in a month. :)

hey spinner are u from hk? i was just wondering what store u recommend for buying photo stuff which also carries underwater accessories and the like..thanks in advance.

Dave, great pics! I can't wait to try mine out.

Gotcha, I'm living in HK now, yes. I usually go to Pro-Dive in Wanchai. They're the only shop I've seen in HK that regularly stocks UW photo gear, and they have very good prices compared to the US. Still, the selection is pretty limited, and most stuff has to be custom-ordered. Another place is Ocean Sky in Tsim Sha Tsui, behind the Peninsula Hotel. They stock very little, but can order most things at reasonable prices.

thanks spinner! i took note of your email add.....i might not sure if we're goin to hk sometime soon..! have fun in your trip! :)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements