Sign in to follow this  
fchotika

HW iTTL converter + D200 + S&S YS90Auto

Hi,

I read in the forums that the S&S iTTL converter uses the same electronics as the HW iTTL converter. Apparently, the S&S converter works with S&S strobes and covers the YS90 range + D200, but the HW site does not list iTTL compatibility with the YS90Auto. Does any one know if this will work?

I've upgraded to D200 and looking to get a Nexus housing, since I already have ports and gears. With the grounding issue, it rules out the S&S converter. It would be great if I could still use theses strobes to get TTL.

Chad

Hi,

I read in the forums that the S&S iTTL converter uses the same electronics as the HW iTTL converter. Apparently, the S&S converter works with S&S strobes and covers the YS90 range + D200, but the HW site does not list iTTL compatibility with the YS90Auto. Does any one know if this will work?

I've upgraded to D200 and looking to get a Nexus housing, since I already have ports and gears. With the grounding issue, it rules out the S&S converter. It would be great if I could still use theses strobes to get TTL.

Chad

I just put an HW converter board in a Subal D200 housing, and tested it with both YS90 Auto and YS-120 strobes. Both strobes worked fine under iTTL control, and also had 10 output levels under manual control. I currently have the converter board in my Nexus D70 housing, but have tested it with a D80 and find the same: both YS-90 and YS-120 do TTL like you were shooting a film camera.

Dave

I just put an HW converter board in a Subal D200 housing, and tested it with both YS90 Auto and YS-120 strobes. Both strobes worked fine under iTTL control, and also had 10 output levels under manual control. I currently have the converter board in my Nexus D70 housing, but have tested it with a D80 and find the same: both YS-90 and YS-120 do TTL like you were shooting a film camera.

Dave

Thanks! That's good news.

Chad

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements