Sign in to follow this  
meister

Online photo storage

I signed up and played with it a bit. Is there any way to link to individual pictures through Image Station or can you only link to whole albums?

Yes, you can post individual pics. Get the photo you want to post on the screen, then click on it again to get to the original picture. Copy the location in the subject line. You know you have the picture when the last of the address is "*....jpg.orig.jpg

To post it here, just above this window there is a row of buttons. click on the one with the mountain (7th). Then paste the address in that window. That will give you this....

Thanks!

The way Photopoint used to be setup, you couldn't link directly from a picture by pasting the location. You had to link to it via a special "Link to this picture" button. That way, they could include their little "This Image Hosted by Photopoint" banner on the picture!

Mike

FYI, I don't see the picture, only the Evil Red X.

Cheers

James

James...I see that too. Don't know why, the site is up and running although it was down a while yesterday.

When I posted the pics, they were showing just fine.

Mmmmm.....

Mike...I used to use the same procedure to post from PhotoPoint but it did but thaeir little banner on the pics.

Just FYI, I looked at the "membership agreement" at imagestation, and noted that you are giving them full rights to any use they want to make of your images.

pbase.com is another possibility. Works great for sharing only. Has been free, though perhaps going to a nominal fee in the next few months.

Don

Hello there,...

you raised a very interesting question. I'd like to put another one: "what should a good photo storage site for divers offer?" Maybe the community can do something about this. I am thinking to develop something that satisfies the digital uw-photgraphers needs.

Another question: How many of you still log their dives? And if yes, do you use a pc-analyzer (like aladin data mouse or the sunto stuff) ?

Replies welcome...

[Edited on 9.4.2002 by andi]

scratch every thing in that link after html. I don't know where the rest of that came from:(

Don...ImageStation caught on that so many folks were linking to individual photos so they eliminated the ability to do so.

I haven't found a free site that will let you do it. I currently have photos on Yahoo

Roatan 2002 - Digital

Won't Pbase let you do it? I think so. Here's a link to a photo:

If you are getting the red 'X' try grabbing the url and pasting it into your browser. Let us know if you can see it or not.

Does Pbase automatically "grab" the EXIF information from the Jpeg and put it under the gallery image? If so, that kicks butt.

Cheers

James Wiseman

[Edited on 4-10-2002 by jamesw]

You might also talk with the folks at www.usefilm.com. I started using usefilm a couple of years ago as a learning tool, I love it.

They now have the capabilities of setting up an automatic slide show web only for you where you can just upload you image, and there software does the rest. I have seen the albums created, and they are quite nice.

You can contact them at sales@usefilm.com

Although I am not all that familiar with the process, and unlike Usefilm, it's a fee based service, but they are a great group of people over there, and I am sure would be happy to help if they can.

http://www.usefilm.com

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements