Q40

2x%2022W.JPG

2X22W fluorescent light

3X.JPG

3X 2.7W CREE

6X.JPG

6X 2.7W CREE

the camera set @ 1M far, F4.5, 1/60s, ISO100

My fisheye HD20DX was not with me, will do a shot later.

THe CREE no hot spot, if distant is 12", the diament of light is also 12"

each CREE give away 160 Lumens. So powerful. Light made of Delyin (donno how to spell) :blush:

Is is a product? sorry i didn't understood from the Cree's site if they have a light or only leds that can be replaced the regular ones.

Is is a product? sorry i didn't understood from the Cree's site if they have a light or only leds that can be replaced the regular ones.

OPPSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I forgot to post the product shot. :blush:

I will post it tonight, now the production is limited. Only some tech diver site have some group purchase.

Also have canster light available. Tested at camber at 80M or over. Using magnetic switch on/off.

I will post it tonight.

1 battery + 2 heads, small one is old version Luxeon LED 3W x3.

IMG_0001.JPG

with charger, just screw out the head, plug in! 4 hours charge time, but 1st 2 hours charged 90%

IMG_0002_001.JPG

Magnetic switch

IMG_0003.JPG

6X CREE high output LED, each 160 LUMENS, lens samiliar to NOVA torch

IMG_0004_001.JPG

3X Luxeon 3W LED X3, each 80 lumens

IMG_0005.JPG

the connector

IMG_0006.JPG

The main body O-ring

IMG_0007.JPG

Size 6-7 inchs

IMG_0008.JPG

3 X CREE should be small enough and powerfu enough

IMG_0009.JPG

CAP for travelling

IMG_0010.JPG

Don be misleaded, the light itself come with 1 light head, 1 charger, 1 sea and sea adaptor, 1 battery body.

the battery is Li-ion battery with 3X 2400mAh (18650) 11.1V. Another choice is 6X, but 6.5cm longer.

Light head you can pick xeon blub (14W/28W), Luxeon 3WX3 (9W), CREE X3 (7W) or CREE x6 (14W)

price for CREEX3 is around US$450.

oh.....these few days received some PM asking about the torch.

Acutually I am not selling this here and also.....not for sales yet. The manufacturer only supply to certain customers of him but not for public.......yet.

Just let you guys know some powerful lights out there, and this kind of new stuffs may not be produced so fast by those big brands. As they already invest a lot in their tooling for the Luxeon type LED and no way change it overnight.

And also, Phillips Lumiled already announced at Jan that they can produce a new single unit LED giving 500 Lumens. And said mass production will be possible within this year. So the LED industry guest the led tech will be flying this year. Home use LED as a main light source will be within 2 years.

maybe 2 more years.....no more xeon as a dive light. ;)

Hallo Kelvin,

I saw your pictures of the LED lamphead and I am very interested. I want to upgrade my underwatervideolights and the lamphead with the 6 LED's are a good option. Did you built the lamphead yourself or did you buy it from a company.

If you made it yourself, please can you provide me with technical information (drawings, materials, dimensions etc). of when you bought it can you sent me the name and address of the company?

With kind regards,

Jacques Zeeman

The Netherlands.

Interesting stuff Kelvin, any chance when you have time to post a pic of your Fisheye HD20dx (same camera settings) for comparison.

thanks and if they start selling these in any of the HK dive shops, pls post or pm me the name of the dealer :D

BTW, love the Q40 comparison photo! :P haha...

Sponsors

Advertisements