Sign in to follow this  
Heavy D

L&M and Amphibico housing pictures

I just got back from the Under the sea show in NJ.

Wow it was great to walk around and see all the neat stuff. Like a kid in a candy store.

I took pictures of the Amphibico Endevor, their Hi res monitor, Evo buddy and Phenom with the 50watt HIDs. The hi res monitor was killer looking. Seeing the endevor and phenom wanted me to go out and get a FX1 or 7 they were very nice set ups. I just think they are to big to travel fly with. The 50Watt pro lights had these small spotter lights in the battery that would be great for night diving. They are still talking of a June release for the endevor. I was also told the endevor can come with the high res monitor installed in the back of the housing if you wanted.

I also have pics of the L&M HC3 bluefin, you can see some pics of the sea thru window for white balancing. The Bluefin HD was a real nice housing also. It was sporting a 50watt HID light set up also. I asked L&M if they were thinking about a Hi res monitor and they said they will have something out by the end of the year. I ask how big was it going to be and he told me it should have a monitor simular in size to the amphibico one.

All the pictures are here in this folder, they are about 1/2 meg each in size in case you want to zoom in on some. a few pics came out a little fuzzy too. Housing pictures

the endevor endeavor,left,side,2net.JPG

Edited by Heavy D

Hey great pics.

Well done

That's a great idea for the Endeavor, rear LCD on the door.

....Might need to make this pic abit smaller you posted, to big for small screens......

thanks for that Heavy...

Nice one Heavy...

Cripes, the size of that monitor on the EVO..Thats massive. Looks good though.

I do like the look of the Endeavour, but I'd personally go for the top monitor for flexibility.

Apparently 'Gates' are releasing their V1/FX7 housing in April so we can hopefully get a look at that baby as well..

Well done again Heavy..

Dive safe

DeanB

Just got back from the show.

More info on the Endeavor.

- No viewfinder option, monitor back only.

- 4:3 low resolution monitor back standard, HD monitor optional, $2,200 add

- Housing with flat port $4,495

- Housing with dome port $4,695

- Housing with 94 degree W/A lens $6,795

- Mechanical WB button to change modes, MWB set, electronic

- Flip arm is close to the lens, so you can't use the filter and a screw in diopter at the same time.

The last comment was something I was particularly interested in. I like to use a diopter and lights to shoot close-up and macro, but would like access to the filter for shots more than 2ft away. This wasn't possible with my old setup and not with this one either unless I make up an external filter. Too bad, because all it would take is another 1/4" in between the filter and the camcorder lens.

Maybe, I'll remove the diopter from it's ring and wedge it in the camcorder like Wags does his filter.

Can't wait to see what Gates releases.

Edited by ronrosa

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements