Sign in to follow this  
Mick

Leafy Dragon

Finally came across a Leafy in Albany , Western Australia

post-4718-1175646186_thumb.jpgpost-4718-1175646226_thumb.jpgpost-4718-1175646255_thumb.jpg

Sweet! My trip to Kangaroo Island to photograph these was one of my favorite trips.

A question on S. Australia. I'm sitting watching Nova and they are showing the annual mating of the giant cuttlefish in S. Australia. Is this a predictable thing they you can plan to see and photograph?

Once again great pictures.

Cool pics Mike

Where did you find them?

We spend a week once trying to film a common weedy for German TV, got them in the end but no Leafies.

Down there a few years ago as well getting some footage of the HMAS Perth for the City of Albany.

Sweet! My trip to Kangaroo Island to photograph these was one of my favorite trips.

A question on S. Australia. I'm sitting watching Nova and they are showing the annual mating of the giant cuttlefish in S. Australia. Is this a predictable thing they you can plan to see and photograph?

Once again great pictures.

I saw probably the same program a couple of weeks ago but I am not sure if it is predictable.

Cool pics Mike

Where did you find them?

We spend a week once trying to film a common weedy for German TV, got them in the end but no Leafies.

Down there a few years ago as well getting some footage of the HMAS Perth for the City of Albany.

We were shown by the local divers in confidence but I am told they can be found at a few sites around the islands.

Regards Mick

cool stuff, what lens? just how big are they?

cool stuff, what lens? just how big are they?

I used my Sigma 50mm macro. This one I believe was a juvenile at about 200 mm. The father is supposed to be in the area as well but we could not find him.

Regards Mick

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements