romeg

Secure attachement of Ikelite SLR housing to BC and Ultralight Stobe arms

I have an Ikelite Nikon N90s housing/two DS-125's (yes still film, hope I am not going to get thrown off this site!!) and am trying to work out a good attachment point on the Tray that holds the housing?

Those familiar with the Tray/housing set up will know what I mean. There is no immediate attachment point which is secure, either on the housing which would I think put too much strain on the housing or the handles on the tray at the side.

I have thought a way would be to drill through the handles and fit a captive ring (straps could then be attached to the ring) but ensure these holes/rings would not foul the Strobe arms which in turn drop into the handles.

The other question is: can one fit the Ultralight arms to the existing 1" ball (Ultra and Ikelite both have a 1" ball) on t the Ikelite and also use Ikelite swivel clips, again as they take 1†ball?

Any advice would be appreciated.

yes, ultralight arms will fit no problem, the 1" balls are universal.

That might solve your attachment point problem as well as the ULCS arms have holes through them. YOu can thread one of those bungied clip things through there.

My old Ike N90 housing had handles with holes in them that i was able to thread an attachment through.

yes, ultralight arms will fit no problem, the 1" balls are universal.

That might solve your attachment point problem as well as the ULCS arms have holes through them. YOu can thread one of those bungied clip things through there.

My old Ike N90 housing had handles with holes in them that i was able to thread an attachment through.

Thanks will look at that

Thanks will look at that

Use three zip ties around the handle base to secure a bungie lanyard. I've done this for years with good results and no failures.

If it is the same tray arrangement as some of the more recent Ike offerings then you may want to look at some pictures on my web site that I put up some time ago when I modified my own Ike tray, while I put a mount for a tripod on I also added a connection point for a lanyard.

Mechanically there is no issue with the extra hole or slot.

As for getting removed from the site for your film activity - nope, you have my total admiration - I could not do with film what I have managed with digital - just the thought of entering the water with _only_ 36 shots is scary for me !

Paul C

Sponsors

Advertisements