Sign in to follow this  
mvermill

Newbie: Ikelite DS-50 Question

I am fairly new to UW Digitial photo. I have an Olympus 3020 with an Ikelite housing. I am looking to purchase a strobe for it. It looks like I will be getting the DS-50 with the TTL slave but all the package I see have the stobe on a stick and not on a ball and socket joint. The ball and socket joint is 100+ more. Should I spend the extra money and get the ball and socket arm or is the straight arm OK. Is the 50 good enough or should I really spend the extra dollars and go with the 125. I don't plan on becoming a pro.......

Thanks

Marc

I originally had the DS50 on the arm system that it came with. Not bad, but a ball and joint system is much more maneuverable underwater. I went with ULCS (www.ulcs.com) arms and tray since I can always use them with whatever I may upgrade to in the future. Good luck and enjoy!

Gerry

The DS-50 is a pretty decent strobe. I've had mine about a year or so, and it's worked out well. That being said, I'm considering adding a DS-125 as well. In either case, you should consider some sort of ball arm setup. I upgraded to ULCS arms and love the adjustability over the standard DS-50 arms.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements