Sign in to follow this  
Scuba_SI

Can't get enough stuff in your bag.. try these

Hi All, i'm not sure if i'm way behind the times, but i have just bought some of these for my trip to Bali tomorrow...

http://www.packmate.co.uk/packmate_roll_bag.htm

They are special bags that you put your clothes in and then roll them up or attach a vacuum cleaner to to get all the air out.

I tried a few different brands and a different types (rolling vs. vacuum). Obviously the ones using the vaccum do a better job and keep your clothes a little neater, but the ones that you roll to expel the air are more practical for going to remote locations.

I got a dozen t-shirts down to 1 inch thick! It means for the first time ever my bag does not look full and i can actually take enough clothes so i dont stink by day 3.

I got a selection pack of 3 of these bags for £5, i reckon you'd need two sets, so for £10 your clothes are organised and easy to pack, plus when you have dive gear in your bag too its all separate and waterproofed.

I also amused myself by shrinking pillows to next to nothing in the vacuum bags.

i give them 10/10

bit tongue in cheek, how do you shrink all your kit for the return trip, do you take the vacuum with you in the bag :)

The ones you roll to expel the air don't need a vacuum cleaner :)

a bit of diving and sightseeing before our workshop in june, should be fun to get to know the place.

Are you out there now? What's the weather like at the moment? I'm not taking much in the way of warm clothes!

Nope, still in the UK, fingers crossed I should be out in Bali from about September. The weather is getting dryer, end of rainy season, but still quite hot. If it was me I'd head into the hills, much cooler and very picturesque, there are some great hotels where you can just chill the days away, good walks etc.

I guess the course will be up at Tulamben?

Nope, still in the UK, fingers crossed I should be out in Bali from about September. The weather is getting dryer, end of rainy season, but still quite hot. If it was me I'd head into the hills, much cooler and very picturesque, there are some great hotels where you can just chill the days away, good walks etc.

I guess the course will be up at Tulamben?

The workshop in June is in the Philippines, and in Tulamben/Seraya in October. I'm going to get myself acquainted with the area beforehand so i know the divesites and area, as i'm the only one out of our little team that hasn't been there before.

Thanks for the info on going inland, i will give it a shot.

The plan is to be in Bali for three months from September, maybe meet up at some stage? One hotel that is worth going to is the Sanda Villas you'll not be disappointed, your contacts in Bali should be able to get a good deal for about £30 per night including breakfast. Just what the doctor ordered after a long flight from Blighty.

Let me know if would like some more help, all the best. Peter

Edited by PeterCatchpole

Sure, sounds good!

Myself, Mike Veitch and Tim Rock will be there from about the 5th to 20th October, probably longer.

Thanks for the tip on the hotel, i'll check it out.

Simon

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements