DeanB

Here me live..Wow !!!

Hi All,

Just ot let you know I'm appearing on BBC radio Oxford and maybe BBC local News tv...

The radio interview goes out 'live' tomorrow on the breakfast show and the tv interview is hopefully recorded and shown at a later date (make-up... I need make-up :rolleyes: )

So if your in the radio Oxford area listen in and hear me talk complete 'Pike' and filmmaking for a few mins..

I'll keep you posted on the TV piece...

Dive safe

DeanB

Dean

I just got a WOW $$$ state of the art BIG radio and I should be able to pick up the signal from over here now.

Don't forget to talk to us normal folks once you make the big time :angry:

Congrats :rolleyes:

Excellent Dean, well done. Please tape it and post (as mp3 or whatever) be fun to hear !

Edited by NickJ

well done Dean, and well deserved.

It's always good to see insane people getting on in life :rolleyes:

Yes its all a bit crazy at the mo.

The radio producer was under the impression from my, get this 'Press release' :) that I was a seasoned BBC NHU camera person. After I told her the 'real me story' the interviews now only 1 min long and thats with a break :rolleyes::angry:

It will be online and Im going to get a recording for my MA !!!

Wish me luck

Dive safe

DeanB

I'll keep you posted about the TV interview...

Dean, make sure you post a boot-leg clip online! Also have you been practising your radio voice?

Chris Moyles's ratings are gonna take a downward blip tomorrow.

Alex

The BBC news film crew are coming to mine at 11am tomorrow to do my TV debut..

We are going to do a piece at home with my awards on show then have me in shorts and green t-shirt (typical wildlife cameraman attire) with camera, walking through the cotswold countryside chatting and looking like a Pro :angry: what me with my reputation...

I wanted me in bed with a few glamour girls dressed in rubber..oh well :rolleyes::)

Dive safe

DeanB

Get someone to take some pics and post here.. :rolleyes:

Make sure you brush ya hair and good luck.

Hi all,

What a strange day... :rolleyes:

Radio interview went well. I was a little nervy at first but as soon as I got into the studio..all was fine.

The presenter was researching off of 2 year old material and announced I was 36 years old..My cousin said later that he though I'd gone all 'Hollywood' and was lying about my age already :angry:.. I thought the questions were going to be about pike but one included the devastation of chemicals being pumped into our surrounding oceans :) What the fook !!! still I got on my high one about environmental depletion of fish stocks and he stopped me in my tracks ;) Still in hind sight I could have swung it to the effect climate change seems to be having on our freshwater fish..Oh,well you live and learn.

Still the producer said I came across pretty well so there you go..

TV Interview was interesting as I thought it would be like 'well read thread above for thoughts' but nah..she only had twenty mins tops and we did a piece in my office with my awards on show..Just a journo/ cameraperson and me..Still it was fine and she was helpful. Hopefuly I'll come across as an ordinary person with a passion and dream...

Oh by the way she was using a Sony PD150... :o

There you go..my day in the life of a up and coming filmmaker..

Dive safe

Dean(local celeb)B

I thought the questions were going to be about pike but one included the devastation of chemicals being pumped into our surrounding oceans :rolleyes: What the fook !!! still I got on my high one about environmental depletion of fish stocks and he stopped me in my tracks :angry: Still in hind sight I could have swung it to the effect climate change seems to be having on our freshwater fish..Oh,well you live and learn.

Always pissed me off in radio and TV interviews that you had very little control over the content, and then especially when they edit things, one thinks 'Did I say that' or 'That's not really what I said'.

Congratulations though, I hope they don't screw it up in editing and it comes across the way you want it.

Dean, just saw the interview on TV mate - excellent stuff

you didn't look a day over 36, I'd swear

:rolleyes:

Cheers Steve...

I'm on the wrong aerial in downtown Chippy so I couldn't watch it.. How did I come across ???? It was only one take so I was a bit worried.

Simon, I think you can get it on the 'radio Oxford' website if they have a listen again feature..

Dive safe

DeanB

you have nothing to worry about Dean - it was a good interview, and presented as a nice story.

you came across relaxed and unpretentious - and no sign of nerves either.

Top job

Steve

Cheers Steve...

I'm on the wrong aerial in downtown Chippy so I couldn't watch it.. How did I come across ???? It was only one take so I was a bit worried.

Simon, I think you can get it on the 'radio Oxford' website if they have a listen again feature..

Dive safe

DeanB

Cheers Steve,

Thanks for the postive comments :rolleyes:

A friend sent me a copy yesterday...

Being a little self-critical i did notice some minor things..And the way it was edited didn't make much sense in the last piece of the interview. But I suppose thats me being a perfectionist :angry:

Still not bad for the first time in front of a camera..

Dive safe

DeanB

Hey Dean,

I would appreciate a link to the TV-interview!!!!

Congratulation anyway!

Jules

Hi Jules,

To be honest I don't think there will be one..But I'l take a look.

It was only 2-3 mins long at the most..

Dive safe

DeanB

The radio interview was great mate. The interviewer was a big cheesy - not quite Alan Partridge at Radio Norwich, but fairly close - but despite all that you came across really well!

Onwards, upwards! ;)

Cheers, Simon

Hey Dean, you've also got 4 pages in this month's DIVE Mag!

Nice one !

JP

Hey Dean, you've also got 4 pages in this month's DIVE Mag!

Nice one !

JP

Cheers JP...

I am going to be over-exposed if this carries on... ;)

Looks good, though I haven't had time to check it out yet... ;)

Dive safe

Dean(minor celeb)B

Sponsors

Advertisements