Sign in to follow this  
EspenRekdal

Tint in RAW, corresponding control on camera?

I'm working on photographing stuff out of a indoor tank with overhead lighting. I have made a white balance reading but when I get it into the raw converter I find that I would like to tweak the picture somewhat. I would also like to use this new setting for the WB on my future photographs by dialing in the numbers.

The WB is easily dialed in, but I can't find a reciprocal value for Tint in the camera menu (D2x). Anyone know?

I know that this can easily be done with the batch function in Raw, but I would like to get it right out of the camera.

Thanks,

Espen :-)

I believe you can do a custom white balance then select it as your default. I haven't personally used that but I'm looking at the menu options now :rolleyes:

I believe you can do a custom white balance then select it as your default. I haven't personally used that but I'm looking at the menu options now :rolleyes:

Jepp, Thats what I have so far. Now say you have the perfect value, but you need to tweak it 100-300K what then? Incidentally my value is below the 2500K that you can dial in manually... :-(

I can't find a way to get the Tint right anyhow.

However, going trough a big search Nikon Capture might have the ansver.

Cheers,

Jepp, Thats what I have so far. Now say you have the perfect value, but you need to tweak it 100-300K what then? Incidentally my value is below the 2500K that you can dial in manually... :-(

I can't find a way to get the Tint right anyhow.

However, going trough a big search Nikon Capture might have the ansver.

Cheers,

Hello Espen,

at least in d200 you can't set tint, only ºK

the only option is create the lighting conditions

and take a photo for wb reference.

You can store up to 4 different WB and using it

anytime.

Best

José A. Fernández

fRAS

Hello Espen,

at least in d200 you can't set tint, only ºK

the only option is create the lighting conditions

and take a photo for wb reference.

You can store up to 4 different WB and using it

anytime.

Best

José A. Fernández

fRAS

This part is known to me. My question is about tweaking the WB settings I have in the camera from refrence shots. Unfortunately there does'nt seem to be a way to do this. Maybe this can be something for Nikon cameras of the future?

Espen ;)

I once knew a source of white balance cards with builtin tints. If you wanted warmer WB you shot a sample with a bluish card. I know it's cheating, but it's one way... ;)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements