Very cool.

Interesting to also see Steve Jobs keynote address at the Apple expo. Some of the apps coming out in Leopard seem able to mimic this concept, at least on a superficial visual level.

Just when you think what's next, something like this comes out that opens a whole no window of the imagination.

Edited by loftus

I would say that the Leopard demo showed eye candy that had visual similarities to SeaDragon. The Leopard demos were offered to demonstrate the potential of OS X services while SeaDragon is research on how we should interact with data. Zooming in on data results in great differences between the two, though it doesn't need to be that way.

PhotoSynth is a different animal.

What I found interesting in this demo is the ease in which visual information was manipulated with a mouse. The multitouch demos, with their seeming canned wows and applause, always seemed overhyped to me. Sexy but not convincingly useful. Who knows... What I am convinced of is that the PhotoSynth/SeaDragon demo'er could just as easily and quickly navigate data with less physical effort using existing HID. Considering that visual data navigation is the strength of multitouch, that says a lot.

PhotoSynth is a different animal.

What I found interesting in this demo is the ease in which visual information was manipulated with a mouse. The multitouch demos, with their seeming canned wows and applause, always seemed overhyped to me. Sexy but not convincingly useful. Who knows... What I am convinced of is that the PhotoSynth/SeaDragon demo'er could just as easily and quickly navigate data with less physical effort using existing HID. Considering that visual data navigation is the strength of multitouch, that says a lot.

Wow, that's amazing. What I found interesting was the ability to tap collective memory and tie data together - certainly changes our relationship to data, but beyond that, creates relationships between the data providers (us). Forums are another form of collective memory and experience, especially photo ones like this; imagine a Photysynth Wetpixel that linked it all visually, tapping our collective photos and information to create panoramas, with embedded info on worms, fish and coral IDs, behavior, you name it.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements