Sign in to follow this  
Tmaxx

old ds 125

i just got a used ds 125...it says 12/06 on the battery and 11633 on the strobe

i have a canon 20d, blue band ttl cord

the light turns fine but when i press the shutter it does fire

i have tried putting it in manual mode but it freezes when i press the shutter

what setting do i have messed up? or is there a update i need on the camera/housing/strobe?

i just got a used ds 125...it says 12/06 on the battery and 11633 on the strobe

i have a canon 20d, blue band ttl cord

the light turns fine but when i press the shutter it does fire

i have tried putting it in manual mode but it freezes when i press the shutter

what setting do i have messed up? or is there a update i need on the camera/housing/strobe?

Go to Ikelite web site. #'s prior to 2000 or so need an upgrade only avail from them. Really old ones can't be upgraded I believe, but there are lots of posts regarding this that are easy to understand, as is the info on the Ikelite site. Try the wetpixel search for the other posts.

Go to Ikelite web site. #'s prior to 2000 or so need an upgrade only avail from them. Really old ones can't be upgraded I believe, but there are lots of posts regarding this that are easy to understand, as is the info on the Ikelite site. Try the wetpixel search for the other posts.

yes i saw some of the postst, most of them are ones that have a higher serial then i have

what im trying to do is atleast use manual, to my understanding i should be able to use that still without upgrade

i tried emailing ikelite but they just responded with ship it so we can see it

if its to old of a serial why should i send it in? i told them the serial and i would hate to waste more money since i just spent alot on this set up

im hoping to find a way to use manual mode but have been unable to so far

If you are using the Ike TTL cord, you will have to cover the hotshoe of the camera with electrical tape or something similar. You only want the main contact (trigger) and the Earth making contact to fire the strobe in manual. This is with nikon and I believe the same with Canon. There are drawings outlining this process somewhere on the Ike web-site...

HTH,

Bruce

found the problem, it got banged up in shipping and the wire that connects the hotshoe was not connected right

the way i noticed it was the camera was in av mode and i had the custom function set to only use 250 of a sec shutter speed with flash, since the hotshoe cord wasnt working the shutter speed was different

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements