ViperDoc

What ports are you all using with the Hugyfot HFN D200?

Hey guys,

I've decided on the D200 with a 10.5 mm and either a 60 or 105 mm lens, and I'm seriously looking at the Hugyfot D200 housing. It looks like a great compact housing. So far I've found some places here that carry it but so far I haven't seen anyone that is carring their ports. Guess I could buy from Europe. I also guess I could use another company's ports.

I guess what I'd love to hear is what Hugyfot owners think of their setup. I'm leaning toward the Hugyfot housing but, wow, is it expensive. I guess you get what you pay for. I'm also looking at the S&S D200 housing as it too is pretty compact but I think the Hugyfot may be the better housing.

So chime in guys and let me know what you think. This board has been a godsend of great info and has been a big help in helping me in deciding my purchases.

Lastly, How the hell do you pronounce Hugyfot?

Stay wet,

Dave

Edited by ViperDoc

Hey guys,

I've decided on the D200 with a 10.5 mm and either a 60 or 105 mm lens, and I'm seriously looking at the Hugyfot D200 housing. It looks like a great compact housing. So far I've found some places here that carry it but so far I haven't seen anyone that is carring their ports. Guess I could buy from Europe. I also guess I could use another company's ports.

I guess what I'd love to hear is what Hugyfot owners think of their setup. I'm leaning toward the Hugyfot housing but, wow, is it expensive. I guess you get what you pay for. I'm also looking at the S&S D200 housing as it too is pretty compact but I think the Hugyfot may be the better housing.

So chime in guys and let me know what you think. This board has been a godsend of great info and has been a big help in helping me in deciding my purchases.

Lastly, How the hell do you pronounce Hugyfot?

Stay wet,

Dave

Hi Dave,

maybe a bit late reply but here's what i use on my Hugyfot D200 housing: untill last week i used the 10.5 mm FE from Nikon (bought the Tokina today) and the Sigma 10-20 mm WA in the large domeport which is provided by Hugyfot. The large domeport is acrylic and has a diameter of approximately 17 cm. Furthermore i use the standard flatport for my 50 mm Sigma macro and the same port is used with a 25 mm extension ring if i want to use it with a Soligor 1.4X TC or the Nikon 105 VR (without TC). Hugyfot also provides the manual focus gear for the 105VR. I'm very happy with my housing and last year i wrote a review about it that you can read on digideep. But probably you already found that one. If there's anything else you would like to just send me a PM or email.

cheers, Udo

P.S.: i guess Hugyfot in english most probably will be pronounced as something like you-gi-fot, but probably a native speaker can me help me out with this one... :)

Sponsors

Advertisements