Sign in to follow this  
littlegoat

Coolpix 5000/Housing where to buy?

I am fairly settled on buying the cp5000, but with each photo store I go I hear a different story for the housing. I suspect most store are simply recommending the brand they carry. I am considering the Aquatica, Ikelite, and Light & Motion. I have checked a few places on the web, but any in Ma. or NH would be helpful as well.

thanks,

Hi Mr. Goat (:-),

We are lucky that there are som many housings available for this great little camera.

One thing I would recommend is that you get one of the housings that lets you use Nikon's excellent wideangle lens (called the WC-E68). Otherwise, you need to purchase an aftermarket wideangle lens and in my opinion, they are not as good.

I'm not located near you, so you are on your own in that department. For online sources, I like Marine Camera Distributors, B and H, and Helix

HTH

James

I have the Ikelite housing for the CP5000 and rate it pretty high. It is darn near netural underwater and really easy to use.

One thing I really like about the housing is that all the buttons to operate the camera functions are pretty much in the same place and operate the same as the camera itself. There was viturally no learning curve with the housing itself.

Another plus is that since it has a sync cord connector I don't have to use the internal flash which tends to eat the battery.

I am ordering the dome port for the wide angle adapter. I am glad I have the choice to add a the adapter and don't have to get an external lens.

Later.....

I just rec'd the camera today. Hopefully I will have the housing and strobes by early to mid summer is over(if only I could skip the bills :rolleyes: )

mndiver, thanks for the information, I am settled on the ikelite housing it's just a matter of economics at this point.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements