scubanerd

Converting video signals

Has anyone seen/read/heard about a way to convert video signals between housing mftr? For example with some of the new 16:9 monitors becoming available I would like to convert my L&M video monitor to a 16:9 one, without having to wait for L&M to build one.

I don't know if it is even possible with all the signals running through specific electronic boards that are different for each housing. I haven't really given it much technical thought, but I figured I would throw it out there.

Ryan

Has anyone seen/read/heard about a way to convert video signals between housing mftr? For example with some of the new 16:9 monitors becoming available I would like to convert my L&M video monitor to a 16:9 one, without having to wait for L&M to build one.

I don't know if it is even possible with all the signals running through specific electronic boards that are different for each housing. I haven't really given it much technical thought, but I figured I would throw it out there.

Ryan

That is a function of the camera. Select the TV type (4.3 ) in the cameras menu and you will have 16.9 view.

That is a function of the camera. Select the TV type (4.3 ) in the cameras menu and you will have 16.9 view.

Maybe I wasn't very clear in my question. Let me try again:

If I wanted to use the new HD 16:9 external monitor from Amphibico/Gates on a L&M housing, is there a way to convert the L&M plug/signal to conform to what the Amphibico/Gates is looking for? I currently use the L&M external monitor that takes the output signal (regardless of camera setting) and converts it to 4:3 SD. And actually I am not sure if the monitor is doing the conversion or of the output from the housing is already converted.

I have done a little more research since my initial post and it does not look promising. I have an email into L&M to see what their take is on an HD monitor. It seems that I would need to modify the bulkhead or create my own to allow this to happen; all of the HD hookups I have seen are 5/6 pin and the SD bulkheads are usually 3 pin. If I hear anything back from L&M I will post it here.

Ryan

Edited by scubanerd

L&M answered my email. They are hoping to have a prototype by Oct 2007; we will see about a delivery date.

Sponsors

Advertisements