Hi,

This summer I am doing more and more deep dives, down to 70m so far but hping for a really deep wreck dive (100m+) by the end of summer. I use an Aquatica D70 housing and a Sea & Sea YS-90DX strobe. I'm also thinking of adding another strobe - maybe the new YS-250.

While I think the Aquatica is rated to 90m (or is it 100?) the strobe is only rated to 60m. I have taken both down to 70m so far, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience of problems with deeper depths than that, especially for the strobe.

Any comments would be really welcome!

Thanks,

Woody

Hello Woody, it is 90 meters standard, we do have a deep diving kit that's available to bring you down to at least 130 meters, it does require you to replace the standard issue springs with the one provided in the kit, a job that can be done by you if you feel confident enough, in any case please always make a test dive without the camera first to validate the quality of your handywork :)

On such deep dive the pressure will push the buttons of a normal housing against the camera, preventing it from triggering, I'm convinced our housing can go even deeper than the 130 mark, but I lack both the test facility to pressure test it or the cojones to take it down myself.

As for the Strobes I'm affraid I can't really help you. I use a pair of Ikelite DS-125 that are rated at 90 meters also.

Thanks Jean. Maybe you can PM me with the cost of the replacement springs?

Will the stronger springs make the buttons a lot more difficult to press when at shallow depth? In spite of my brag, not all my dives are at 70+ metres :)

Edited by woody

It does make them a touch stiffer, but don't worry, you need not have Arnold as a first name and be governor of California to operate it. :)

Sponsors

Advertisements