Sign in to follow this  
Strmko

Help with wiring

I am waiting for my new sealux Cd 200 housing for nikon D200. I would like to use my DS125s with this setup. The housing will be equiped with nikonos socket.

According to ikelite web site I was ready to order the #4104.32 /ikelite strobes and nikonos socket housing/.

The man in reefphoto advised the #4104.62 /ikelite strobes to nikonos camera or film camera/ instead that is wired on all pins.

Does anyone have experience with wiring this setup? Can anybody help with choosing the right cable?

Thank you

Martin

I just got a couple from reef photo, for my DS125's to Nikonos bulkhead, no TTL for me and bought Model: ike.4104.31 I'm sure if you give them a call again they sort it out for you.

I am waiting for my new sealux Cd 200 housing for nikon D200. I would like to use my DS125s with this setup. The housing will be equiped with nikonos socket.

According to ikelite web site I was ready to order the #4104.32 /ikelite strobes and nikonos socket housing/.

The man in reefphoto advised the #4104.62 /ikelite strobes to nikonos camera or film camera/ instead that is wired on all pins.

Does anyone have experience with wiring this setup? Can anybody help with choosing the right cable?

Thank you

Martin

Sealux offered me two wiring options for their Nikonos style (flexible pin) port: one with only two 'active' wires connected, the second with all five pins wired. I chose this latter option and have found it works fine with 2 x Ike DS125 strobes on manual settings. I believe that the cable required for this setup would be Ikleite part#: #4104.32. This is the 'blue band' cord, 'Nikonos connector to two SubStrobes'. I also found that I could get their original, non-digital cord (I have one of these too) to function by blocking the contacts as described on the Ikelite website although this is not a particularly elegant solution.

Here's a wiring diagram for Sealux with all 5 pins connected:

http://www.gans.co.nz/dive/rig/NikonosWiringPOC/image004.jpg

Colin

I just got a couple from reef photo, for my DS125's to Nikonos bulkhead, no TTL for me and bought Model: ike.4104.31 I'm sure if you give them a call again they sort it out for you.

I called Ike and got the same answer: 4104.32 is the one that works with this setup.

Thanks.

Sealux offered me two wiring options for their Nikonos style (flexible pin) port: one with only two 'active' wires connected, the second with all five pins wired. I chose this latter option and have found it works fine with 2 x Ike DS125 strobes on manual settings. I believe that the cable required for this setup would be Ikleite part#: #4104.32. This is the 'blue band' cord, 'Nikonos connector to two SubStrobes'. I also found that I could get their original, non-digital cord (I have one of these too) to function by blocking the contacts as described on the Ikelite website although this is not a particularly elegant solution.

Here's a wiring diagram for Sealux with all 5 pins connected:

http://www.gans.co.nz/dive/rig/NikonosWiringPOC/image004.jpg

Colin

Ikelite blue band sync cord 4104.32 is only wired on 4 pins : http://ikelite.com/web_pages/sync_cord_d1x.html

This one should work for me and I got this answer from Ike too. Onother advise I got was to go with 4104.62 that is wire on all 5 pins. Some say this one work too...

I think I am ordering the 4 pin blue band 4104.32.

Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements