echeng

Screaming turtle in the strangest place

screamingturtletatoo.jpg

Someone got a tattoo of my screaming turtle image! This is by far the strangest place I've seen the image. :ninja:

That's so cool. Maybe this should develop into a thread of strange places our underwater images appear.

Alex

Someone got a tattoo of my screaming turtle image! This is by far the strangest place I've seen the image. :P

Its not something that springs to mind for uw photos ... a new niche for you Eric :ninja:

Butt.....where did they get it tattooed on :ninja:

Edited by kriptap

It looks like it is escaping from a left side armpit - perhaps the new owner could use a bit more deodorant.

:ninja::P:wacko:

Thats funny. :ninja:

How do you collect royalties on something like that?

If it's a "pound of flesh," that guy looks like he could afford to pay plenty! :P:ninja:

That is too cool Eric! My first thought was "Whoa, what crack is that???" but I think it's just below the shoulder blade on the right side. Whew!

Cheers

James

Eric, first I want to say that is pretty cool to have one of your images be emblazoned across someone's chest like that! It has got to make you feel good.

But, I was thinking, we all got mad at someone last week asking for "free" images to place in a medical? text book. I understand you could never get paid by this woman, also an artist of another kind, for essentially ripping off your image and reproducing it. What makes this so different from a printed image on a page of a book or a resort advertising flier? How do we as photographers distinguish between that and an inked image copied to someone's chest, back, etc? Maybe it would be enough to mention your name as the photographer of the original image on her web page?

Am I wrong to think this after our strong reaction to last weeks post for images, or is it OK because it is from one artist to another, not a large publishing company?

But, I was thinking, we all got mad at someone last week asking for "free" images to place in a medical? text book. I understand you could never get paid by this woman, also an artist of another kind, for essentially ripping off your image and reproducing it. What makes this so different from a printed image on a page of a book or a resort advertising flier? How do we as photographers distinguish between that and an inked image copied to someone's chest, back, etc? Maybe it would be enough to mention your name as the photographer of the original image on her web page?

Am I wrong to think this after our strong reaction to last weeks post for images, or is it OK because it is from one artist to another, not a large publishing company?

Thats a good question and probably needs a whole new thread as it will be one massive opinionated discussion.

On the other shoulder blade though ... that is a very cool use of a photo Eric .. major kudos .. someone decided to permanently scar their body with your image !

Probably a diver if they got a turtle .. maybe you know them already .. or they saw your photo and said .. thats it .... maybe you will bump into them on a live aboard one day !

A new twist on 'a turtlehead pokin' out'

I love it Eric. Does this mean you have truely reached the apex of your carrier :ninja:

Does this mean you have truely reached the apex of your carrier :P

Depends on if is an attractive young woman or hairy old man.... :ninja:

Years ago I found myself sharing a cabin with a man who was in his ordinary life a prison warder (Wandsworth). He had also had a startling career in the Army (mainly in the glasshouse.) He was covered in tattoos.

I didn't like to stare so it was only after several days that I realised that he had one of my photographs tattoo'd on his chest. He told me he had taken Diver Mag to his tattooist to ask for it to be replicated. It was a picture of Simon. brother of Darren previously from Ghazala Explorer, with a lionfish. I have a 35mm trannie of it on file somewhere!

Wow, with John B. and Eric, that's two people here whose photos have broken into the painful end of the "skin trade." I understand getting a tattoo hurts a lot, so I'm assuming the Screamin' Turtle would have hurt a lot. I would find it hard to charge royalties to someone who had gone through that in order to wear one of my images on their body - for the rest of their life?

Frogfish

Sponsors

Advertisements