Sign in to follow this  
mexwell

Inon UCL-165AD

Hi!

I am using a Canon S40 with Canon WP-DC300 housing and planning to upgrade my setup by a external storbe and an two lenses.

In this posting I like to ask if anybody has experience and some sample photographs witth the Inon lenses UCL-165AD and/or Inon UWL-105AD. Preferably with a Canon camera but any oter P&S Digital would do either.

Can you please also give me your opinion on handling the system under water (where do you put the 2nd lense?)

Best regards

Christian

i have a related question and thought i'd add it here -- i'm interested in getting a macro lens add-on for my pt-015. olympus makes one, as does inon. inon seems to be bringing out a new one in the near future.

does anyone have any experience with either of these lenses? any general feedback?

and my specific questions are:

can the olympus lens be changed underwater?

what is the magnification of the inon lens? (it's listed as 330mm, but what does that translate to in magnification?

thanks in advance

shelby

I have tried both the "old" INON lens and the Olympus one. The Olympus one had about 3 times the magnification of the INON. The new INON lens will have a magnification factor about the same as the Oly one. Have you tried super macro mode yet? If not, you might want to try it before adding on a separate lens. In any case, all of the lenses discussed are to be added and removed from the housing underwater . . .

thanks

that's exactly the info i was looking for. have you noticed any deformation at the edges of the frames? not that the subjects would make any bending all that obvious.

thanks again.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements