serge

Which Macbook Pro?

Hi all,

my images are getting more and my old iBook to the limit of its power (900mhz!!! / 640 Ram) ... i cannot use it anymore to handle all the RAW files.

So i decided to upgrade to a Macbook Pro to use with aperture. But i don't know yet if the 2,2 or the 2,4.

as far as i see:

- one has a 2,2 core 2 dual and one a 2,4

- they both have 2GB Ram and can both be upgraded to 4GB.

- one grafic card runs on 128 MB and the other on 256 MB

My question:

will i NEED to have the 2,4 or is the 2,2 fine? is the only difference for me the 0,2 of precessor capacity? how big is that difference? and what means that difference in the grafic cards (128/256mb)? will that also be important for me?

i must admit, that i am not very good with computers ... so please if anyone can tell me ...? will i regret having taken only the 2,2?

thanks for helping,

serge

The difference in graphic card performance will only be evident if you play graphic intensive games; you won't notice for photos. In the end I opted for the 2.2, but either way you go, make sure you get a portable external HD for additional storage and backup.

Luiz

thanx alot for your answers.

so it looks like i don't need to spend these extra $ ... i think with only using it for photo and email i should be fine with the 2,2

serge

If you're not using Aperture or Final Cut Pro and can handle the lower resolution display, a Macbook should be fine...

(I re-read your post, and you are going to use Aperture). Aperture EATS machines. I only use my MacBook Pro on temp projects in Aperture (on the road).

"Aperture EATS machines"

yes, that's what i heard ea well ... that's why i decided to spend the extra bit on a macbook pro (and for the resolution) and give aperture something to EAT.

but with the money i save with buying the 2.2 instead of 2.4 i can maybe still get a new lens ...

thanks, serge

Sponsors

Advertisements