On a flat calm today I took this image, is there a way to capture a complete circle, no matter what I did I could not get the image to show a complete circle, would a larger dome have done it or is there no way. Oh and as I said I try all kinds from, closer to further away, tilting left and right and back and forth etc but... Thx

CAY4869.jpg

You'd have to use a circular fisheye on a full-frame camera - Sigma makes an 8mm version.

From what I recall, the Peleng is manual aperture control only?

Okay I see, yes it was a cropped, D2X, oh well, thanks guys.

Edited by kriptap

It shouldn't matter if it is a cropped sensor or not. The field of view of the 10.5 fisheye is the same as the 16mm fisheye on full frame. Did you use the 10.5?

P.S.: Oh, ok, it does matter if you have to use a circular fisheye. :rolleyes: There are no circular fisheyes for cropped cameras...

If my understanding of Kriptap's post is correct, this is actually a nice illustration of what Snell's window would maybe look like, but the effect in Kriptap's shot is due to the circular nature of the image produced by a classical 180 degree round fisheye.

The thing that bothers me .. without understanding too much of the science is that the cirle is not symetrical .. the left side of the circle is more full than the right side .. is that caused by tilting .. and percentage wise you only get the same amount of circle total ?

Sponsors

Advertisements