tank

Guadalupe

Well I'm just back from Guadalupe island with Patric from sharkdiver.com

There were about 10 + different white sharks there over the 3 days we were there. Good opportunity's as the vis was great the first 2 days. Hell of a travel from Ireland though :blush::blink:

Just wanted to post couple of pics for you guys to view, of course comments too are welcome ;-)

IMG_6481.jpg

IMG_5825.jpg

IMG_6537.jpg

Oh..I used my Canon 400D and the standard kit lens EF-S 18-55mm. I brought my ef-s 10-22mm but was happy using the 18-55 so didn't bother changing it...Also didn't want 10mm funky images coming out :blink:

Cheers

Derek

Some killer shots there Derek, well done

Regards

Gary

Derek,

Killer images. Reminds me of my first time to Guadalupe in 2002 with a Nikon D100 and using the "tighter" framing Nikon 18-35mm lens. Everyone using wider lenses got pics of White sharks looking like guppies :blush:

Happy to see it is still 99% photographer, and that cheap little Canon 18-55mm when shot at f8 or so can produce very good images. I even saw a WEDDING photographer post a link the other day where he has been using that lens for 3 years creating incredible photos and getting PAID good $$$ for them :blink:

Will check out your other posts.....I'm sure they're great, too.

dhaas

Nices photos, expecially the 1th. Love the "smile" in the second one :blush:

Thanks for the comments. From what I have been hearing, i believe we were quite lucky on the trip. Good viz, very sunny, pilot whales, dolphins, lots of beer, lots of sharks (18 to 20), fun people and non stop action in the cages!!

IMG_6024.jpg

Cheers

Derek

great shots....your second looks like a stare-down....wonder who would be the first to blink?...ha

Great stuff Derek. Absolutely love the pose on that 2nd one! Priceless!

Excellent shots. I'm heading back to Guadalupe on Oct. 18th with Great White Adventures. Hopefully, we'll get some conditions as nice as yours.

Sponsors

Advertisements