Sign in to follow this  
kerryw

Inon Macro lens & Canon A640/Ikelite

Hello all

I have an Canon A640 in an Ikelite housing and I would like to improve the macro shots I am getting with this setup. basically coming from a Nikonos background I would like to get 1:2 or even 1:1 macro out of this setup. Now I know it can do this already but the problem is the subject get very close to the housing port or you have to Zoom to tele setting and get too much water between you and the subject.

I assume that the Inon macro lens would increase the fous distance when the camera is set to WA in Macro mode but not so much as to make it too far. Also i assume it would increase the magnification.

Am I on the right track here??

thanks

KLW

Pics with my current set up here http://klw-web.com/photo/albums/Recent_Pics/galleries.htm

According to the Inon America website: UCL-165M67 close up lens details the macro lens is designed to decrease the close focus distance, not increase it.

If you can find a wet mount diopter, which as far as I know just magnifies rather than affecting focus distance, you may be able to achieve what you want.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements