Sign in to follow this  
serge

Fisheye with 1,5 TC

I am planning to get a 100mm Macro and a 1,4TC for my 30D.

Up to now i am shooting with 60mm Makro and 10-17 fisheye.

Now i asked myself if i will be able to use the TC with the Port-Extension also with my fisheye behind my dome?

I love the fisheye, but with sharks i often wish i had a little less wide lens ...

will it work? how will the result be? i know focussing is not very fast with the TC, but i would put the focus on the *Button, prefocus on something and then just shoot ... as the DOF is quite big with the FE ... or will the DOF be not enough with the TC?

Thanks for sharing your experience with that,

Serge

Edited by serge

The Nikon version of the 10-17 works with the Kenko/Tamron 1.4x converter and I've done a few test shots with it. I've never shot it underwater however. One of the problems you'll face is getting a zoom gear working with the teleconverter in place. An additional 20mm extension ring will also be required.

thanks craig,

yes, i am aware of the fact that i won't be able to zoom. i might just give it a try ... i buy the extension and the TC anyway for my 100mm macro (canon EF).

was just wondering if people use the TC with fisheyes only for close focus or also as a normal (less wide) lens for sharks ...

serge

I don't think it makes sense to use a 10-17 with a 1.4x unless you have the zoom capability preserved. Assuming you leave the 10-17 on the 10 end, you'd be better off at 17 without the 1.4x. Assuming you use it at the 17 end, you'd be better off with a wide prime or even the 10-22 or 16-35. The strength of the 10-17, with or without the 1.4x, lies in its zoom.

The 1.4x is great on the 100 macro though. :-)

just trying to save money and keeping the total weight of the equipment down :)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements