ooblick

Nikon Coolpix 5100

Hi all,

do you know if P5100 is compatible with S-TTL function of Inon D-2000? I'm thinking to upgrade my camera, but I want to keep my strobe, without sacrificing TTL metering.

Thanks,

Simone

Hi all,

do you know if P5100 is compatible with S-TTL function of Inon D-2000? I'm thinking to upgrade my camera, but I want to keep my strobe, without sacrificing TTL metering.

Thanks,

Simone

Hi Simone

im fairly shure the d2000 will work with the P5100 on Sttl .

regards

Matt

Thanks Matt.

I see that you use an Ikelite housing and Inon strobes using an electrical sync cord. However I would like to use a Fantasea housing (for cost and dimensions) using an optical sync cord in S-TTL mode, as I do now with my old camera. My concern is about how many pre-flashes P5100 uses. I read somewhere that it use iTTL, but I did not understand if this implies multiple preflashes, or if iTTL refers only to the hot-shoe and not internal strobe. I also do not know if S-TTL is compatible with multiple pre-flashes. I'm quite sure that Manual and Auto modes of Inon strobes are incompatible, but maybe S-TTL is ok, since it simply mimics the camera built-in strobe.

Is it possible for you to perform a test with your rig using optical cabling and S-TTL? This would be very helpfull for me.

Thanks,

Simone

Sponsors

Advertisements