Fisheyephoto

i-TTL converter for Nikon SB 104 or 105?

Hello

I searched on the forum for previus threads with no joy. Does anyone know about i-ttl options for my Subalhoused Nikon D200 with Nikon SB-104 or 105?

I beleave HW, Ikelight and Sea&sea will not work but I´m not sure.

Since I´ve got Nikons SB-104 and 105 I would rather not swithch strobesystem if possible.

Any suggestions?

Regards Joakim

Hi Joakim - my understanding is that the SB104/5 don't have the capacity to deliver the quick succession of pre-flashes required under the i-TTL protocol. So it is not so much that a converter cannot provide an appropriate signal for them, but that the strobes can't 'implement' the provided as required - if that makes sense. So no converter will give you i-TTL with those strobes as I understand it. I actually had the SB105s when I first switched to digital, but have since moved to DS125s which I can recommend.

That is not to say that you can't continue to use the SB 105/4 strobes in manual flash mode. Many people here actually prefer manual mode, particularly for wide angle photos see TTL Anonymous for more discussion. In fact, I still use manual for wide angle shots.

Alternatively, you could look at one of the Ikelite converters and their strobes...which will work with your housing.

http://ikelite.com/web_two/ittl_adapter.html

Perhaps speak to Ryan at Reef Photo Video - see link in the ads on the RHS of the screen - about suggested options?

Sponsors

Advertisements