kaarlin

Olympus E3 and Nexus housing

Today I will be in an watertank at a exhibition in Holland with the Nexus housing and the E3. I'm curious, the housing looks great (and so does the camera)! It is a compact housing and the best thing is that the Olympus ports can be uses with it!

Curious to know whether there is TTL support for S & S strobes directly throught the bulkhead or if a converter will be needed.

I think you need an adapter, because it is an Olympusconnection....

I think you need an adapter, because it is an Olympusconnection....

Does the housing allow for the flash to be popped up? The prototype at DEMA appeared to have fibre optic connection capability . . .

Mike

The housing I saw at DEMA had Nikonos type bulk heads without a TTL converter and twin fiber optic connectors to be used with the popup flash.

Phil

Edited by tropical1

yes indeed, there are two bulk heads and two connectors for fire optic cables and the internal strobe can be popped up!

The camera and housing are great! Unfortunatly it was only in a watertank at the exhibition, but it was fun playing with it. The housing is compact and everything is easy to use, even with small hands.

one minus is that sometimes you have to push a button and turn the wheel togheter to change the settings. With the camera you can do this onehanded, but with the underwaterhousing, this is impossible. Fortunatly it is not the aperture or the shutterspeed as it was with the E330. It was for example to change the program. There is no wheel on the camera for this.

Tomorrow i will post some pictures

Anyone have any idea when this housing will be officially announced / launched ? Look forward to the pics - thanks !!

sorry,í'm very busy at the moment. Will show the pictures within a few days....

don't know when the housing will be launched!

I've heard a rumor that there is some sort of delay, and Nexus has canceled all backorders with Japanese retailers.

For those who were not at DEMA or did not spend much time at the Olympus and Nexus booths it was clear that a lack of communication existed between the two companies regarding this PROTOTYPE housing which was kept behind the counter most of the time.

The E-3 is a great piece of equipment and I hope we will be seeing someone besides Ikelite step up with a housing to match the quality of the camera.

Phil Rudin

unfortunatly it are only pictures from an divetank.....

but I was surprised in the difference between my E300 and the E3. The E300 has big problems with light, the E3 not!

post-784-1196463494_thumb.jpg

post-784-1196463590_thumb.jpg

post-784-1196463626_thumb.jpg

Edited by kaarlin

I'm guessing the ports for Olympus housings are not likely to fit the Nexus E3, right?

I've heard they will fit with an adapter. Kaarlin, what lens was being used in the last picture with the flat port???

Edited by crcdiver

The third photo is the Nexus housing with an Olympus port. The prototype housing is made with a Nexus port mount which accepts an insert for any of the ports made for the Olympus DSLR housings. That is Olympus, Athena and Inon ports for Olympus.

Phil Rudin

I know its an Olympus port and Nexus housing but what lens? I'm going to assume its the 12-60 or 14-54. Why would you put it behind a flat port?

yes indeed, it was the 14-54. Olympus did not bring the domeport, that was the reason.

like Phil wrote, the ports need no adapter on this housing. The ports fit directly to the housing.

I don't know which port fits best for the 12-16mm lens. I think it is a fantastic lens for a lot of work underwater.

Sponsors

Advertisements