DeanB

Is this good enough...

So to summarise:

A MBP 15" with FCS2 and an upgrade to 4gb will be fine for editing my films together and putting them on DVD for film fests etc...as long as i have an ext monitor to colour with (my 26" sony)...

Yes....or no...no blah de blah talk or computer geek jibberish please...

Dive safe

DeanB

So to summarise:

A MBP 15" with FCP2 and an upgrade to 4gb will be fine for editing my films together and putting them on DVD for film fests etc...as long as i have an ext monitor to colour with (my 26" sony)...

Dive safe

DeanB

Yes, + some extra harddrives to utilize other codecs than HDV to get quicker encoding.

Welcome :-)

KÖSZÖNÖM Jules...

Hope you had a great xmas and a unicum new year :)

Dive safe

DeanB

Yeah and an Express eSATA card for 120MB/s bandwidth so you can almost do uncompressed work with a RAID array.:)

I'll come back to you in another 19 days...

But until then..cheers Drew...I think... :):D

Dive safe

Dean( i will take time to learn the black arts..one day)B

Might not be a bad idea to come back in 19 days actually Dean. Sounds like the MBPs might be due for a refurb.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro

You could potentially either get a new one with updated specs for same price, or a just superseded one for less. Either way a potentially good outcome if you can hold out for a few weeks. Of course, if you need it now, then go jump in. You never know with these sorts of predictions, rumors are only that - no guarantees.

Always the way...

It will have to be a significent change though...unless their getting wise to peoples own upgrades of the MBP...and doing it for us... :D

Lord...will I ever be satisfied....

NO YOU GREEDY MORTAL

:)

Dive safe

DeanB

So to summarise:

A MBP 15" with FCP2 and an upgrade to 4gb will be fine for editing my films together and putting them on DVD for film fests etc...as long as i have an ext monitor to colour with (my 26" sony)...

Dive safe

DeanB

If you're not an editor and do not know FCP then I would say no. FCP 2 is much different than 3 and 3 is much easier to use and much improved. I don't know if FCP 2 or 3 will even work on an intel mac, I'd check. Obviously Final Cut Studio 2 will be your best bet but you probably don't want to spend that kind of money. You could also try Final Cut Express. There's my Yes or No answer. BTW if your editing DV footage a firewire 400 drive will work fine, we never had any problems with streaming footage in FCP off of them. They work great as capture drives too.

Billy

Edited by Empty V

Sorry thats what i ment FCS2...

Dive safe

DeanB

Sorry thats what i ment FCS2...

Dive safe

DeanB

Well then you're stoked. You'll have a setup to make most PC users drool over. When you get it, learn COLOR. It's a difficult program to get into but can do some amazing things.

Billy

Edited by Empty V

Why thanks Billy... :P

Dive safe

DeanB

Sponsors

Advertisements