majulah47

upgrade to dSLR

i am thinking of up grading from powershot to dslr but unsure of which model.

i am looking at the canon EOS 40D or Nikkon D40x.i need some help or advise as to which md is more suitable for underwater.

also is there a casing i can get.

if anybody is using any of this model.

can you advise me and why.

Both are nice cameras, but the 40D is a higher tier camera than the D40x. If those are the two cameras are the two you are comparing, it is an obvious choice to go with the 40D.

If you want to make a more fair comparison, compare the Nikon D40x to the Canon 400D (Rebel XTi)

Or if you are interested in the Canon 40D you should be looking at the Nikon D300 or D80.

I'd have to agree with the above post. With a few discarding the D200 in favor of the D300 you might pick up a great deal on one with a housing.

Absolutely-

I have a perfectly functional D200/Ikelite setup that I will probably sell at half price once I get my D300 rig. However, I do think you'll need to wait until spring to get such a deal. The D300 housings are not there yet.

Why am I upgrading? No good reason. I am just a fanatic.

Absolutely-

I have a perfectly functional D200/Ikelite setup that I will probably sell at half price once I get my D300 rig. However, I do think you'll need to wait until spring to get such a deal. The D300 housings are not there yet.

thanks for the advise.

at the same time i might consider on your camera. let me know when you are ready

i am thinking of up grading from powershot to dslr but unsure of which model.

i am looking at the canon EOS 40D or Nikkon D40x.i need some help or advise as to which md is more suitable for underwater.

also is there a casing i can get.

if anybody is using any of this model.

can you advise me and why.

thanks to everyone for the advise

Absolutely-

I would like to put my name on the list for your D300 setup when the D400 comes out. LOL

Actually there is very little reason for me to upgrade from a D200 to D300. The live view won't work well underwater and the 51 points of focus means nothing also since I use a single point in the center and crop to compose.

My problem is that I prefer shore diving and the Ikelite housing is bigger and heavier than I like out of the water. Boat diving it is just fine.

So given I am going to spend big bucks on a metal housing I figure I should go all the way and.......

Right?

Tom

Actually there is very little reason for me to upgrade from a D200 to D300. The live view won't work well underwater and the 51 points of focus means nothing also since I use a single point in the center and crop to compose.

My problem is that I prefer shore diving and the Ikelite housing is bigger and heavier than I like out of the water. Boat diving it is just fine.

So given I am going to spend big bucks on a metal housing I figure I should go all the way and.......

Right?

Tom

I was just joking but I am interested in the D300.

Sponsors

Advertisements