Sign in to follow this  
scottyb

Upgrade Questions about Ike and Aquatica

I have been around for a while, just haven't been active lately. I am starting to get the itch to replace my S2. I am really impressed with the D300 and because of my Nikon glass, seems to be the logical replacement. My fist housing was the 1st generation Ikelite. The two things I didn't like were the lack of controls and the 6" dome that was available. I loved the clear polycarb and the price of course. How is the 8" dome performing with lenses like the 10 or 12-24?

Also, the enhanced viewfinder was not available for the Aquatica S2, which I am still using. I assume many people are using one with later models. If so, I would like to know how you feel about it.

I have the Ike's D70 first version housing without the I-TTL

Regarding functionality I can control all the operations of the camera, the only thing that I can't (as I remember) is the DOF button in the front, not that I used it also on land.

The 8" dome is great with the Nikon 10.5 DX, it's have a disadvantage over the 6" when you want to do close-focus-wide-angle shots since it's won't let you get so close to the object and its less comfortable in tense places, also it's can getting scratched very easily, other then this its great.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements