pakman

Adhesive for Filter on Gates Housings

Towards the end of my Cocos Island trip, all those spine jarring rides out on the RIB's ended up knocking my red filter out of the holder. While I can place it back in the filter holder, it is easy to pop out. What adhesive would you recommend for keeping it in place, but not make it permanent, that I could remove it in the future if I want to use a different type of color filter? It looks like Gates used some kind of rubber cement?

Thanks...

Edited by pakman

Maybe you can use some thin tape around the edge of the filter to hold it in there abit better.

dooh! the best solutions are always the obvious ones overlooked... thanks Wags... :blush:

I used to have this problem from changing between diopter and red filter every day - eventually things get loose. I found a piece of thick paper jammed in there when you slip the filter in will hold it nicely and not leave any residue when you remove it. Just trim off the excess and you are ready to go.

Edited by Aussiejosho

I got a glass red filter and prior to replacing it I called Gates to ask about the glue. They told me it was silicon glue and it didn't take much. They also told me since my glass filter was a little thicker, I wouldn't need it. I have found that to be true.

Sponsors

Advertisements