Sign in to follow this  
cmm1970

A Handful of Critters from Bonaire

Good start! You have there really nice shots.

I liked most:

Bristle Worms - good colors & macro

Pipe Sponges - good composition

I really like the Bristleworm shot. I like the soft focus areas. Is this your camera set-up or a photoshop enhancement? Reminds me of fireworks on a wet night....

You have a good eye for composition. Well done.

PauP

The bristle worm results from the camera and not a photoshop effect. I used photoshop to alter only the color rendering. Mostly used auto color correction, but then went in and tweaked the saturation etc.

The Bristleworm shot has a very shallow depth of field which I think has worked nicely.

Do you know what aperature/settings this was shot with?

To be honest, I don't know the particulars on the shot with the bristle worm. The camera isn't capable of anything tighter than f8 and most of the pics were well more open than f8 simply because I did not really "know" what I was doing in Bonaire. Due to shipping delays I was unable to learn to use the rig prior to arriving in Bonaire. It was sort of on vacation training. My complaint with the rig after additional use and research is that is does not perform with sharp, deep depth of field taking macro photos. It's sweet spot is not in the realm of close in macro work. I lucked into these photos using a Sea and Sea +2 macro lens on the front of the Ikelite housing.

I am excited about all of the positive feedback concerning these pics. It adds fuel to the fire.

Thanks everyone!

Do your G1 images carry EXIF files?

This would have settings and image info stored with each image.

I am not desperat to know the image details but I thought it may help you reproduce similar results by choice, next time.

The bristle worm shot with shallow depth of field is a very interesting and original image (the subject matter is infact the legs of an ophiuroid brittle star).

My favourite image is "deep blue" - the lighting conveys a real "being there" feeling.

Alex

Alex

I knew it was a Brittlestar, its just my brain wouldn't tell me that! :freak:

PauP

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements